Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 2006 Mazda6 Sport Hatchback - the one that looks like a sedan (leased and 2 months to go till i return it) and sadly I was a little reckless today. I was taking a U-turn while trying to find a store and went right into the curb.
Now, I have a totally scratched front bumper, both my fog lamps are not working anymore - 1 is broken from the socket, my horn sounds like it has a friggin cold, and my alignment is screwed.
What should I do? Should I go to the dealership and pay to get it fixed there or should I go to a private timer and have him fix it. I do have the "wear-care" sort of package which covers me upto $2500 of "damage" but Im not banking on that.
How much do you guys think this will cost me? Help!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not sure what the wear-care package is but it couldn't hurt to just go check with the dealer (assuming they are the ones who manage this package)?

At least find out if any part of it is covered before shelling out your own money.

If you need a new fog light kit then that's no big deal, there are lots online and they aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Do you have pics that you can post? Sorry about your car.:(

Hey guys,
I have a 2006 Mazda6 Sport Hatchback - the one that looks like a sedan (leased and 2 months to go till i return it) and sadly I was a little reckless today. I was taking a U-turn while trying to find a store and went right into the curb.
Now, I have a totally scratched front bumper, both my fog lamps are not working anymore - 1 is broken from the socket, my horn sounds like it has a friggin cold, and my alignment is screwed.
What should I do? Should I go to the dealership and pay to get it fixed there or should I go to a private timer and have him fix it. I do have the "wear-care" sort of package which covers me upto $2500 of "damage" but Im not banking on that.
How much do you guys think this will cost me? Help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to daztd and oddlaw for your posts. I did check with the dealer. The service manager there is a friend of mine. He said he could cover the fog light and horn in the factory warranty. The bumper would have to be taken to their body shop and they would fix the allignment as well. Im looking at around 500 bucks in money damage. Sad but true. I think i'll have the dealership fix it for me cos the lease inspector will come to see the car in August and they tend to cream you at the end of the lease term with all these extra payments. I'd rather the dealer fix it so they know what they're doing.

To oddlaw: the wear-care package is indeed "wear"care. It covers bald tires, minor scratches on the body and stone-chip damage on the windshield etc. It wont cover a major scratch like mine. Sad yet again.

To daztd: I'll try to take a couple of pictures tonight and post them here. Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No problem man. Sucks - sorry to hear.

You know - you could probably pick up a good condition front bumper cover and replace it yourself?

I see them listed on here and ebay mostly for like 100 - 250. Maybe if you found one in your color you could just switch that one on to your car and sell the junked one? Just an idea. Removing and replacing the front bumper is mad easy. Even I could do it without problem (and I don't know s**t about cars).

Then just go get the car aligned anywhere (should be about like 60 bucks). I think you could save some cash that way?

Although - I have never leased a car before so I have no idea what the requirements are for instances like this. I assume you would have to do the bumper on the DL. haha. Where are you located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts