Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you how much of a height difference does top mount from facelift shocks with bearings add, compared to the perfacelift ones without top mount bearings. Maybe thats the issue why lowerings springs from older model dont drop the car as much as it suppose to. Here is the reference pic. You can see the difference it top mount assemblies betwwen older and newer GG/GY chasis. (number 16 in the old one, and 22-25-26 in the new one). Looks like this 25 "plate" doesn't allow car to drop lower.
White Black Organism Font Line

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Um, struts always have a bearing plate. I also dont think thats right, the 1st Gen doesnt have upper wishbone susp, unless they use a whole different chassis in "other than the US" models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for sure it has upper wishbone
About plates - yes both version have it, but newer from 2006-2008 have bearings in it, while 2002-2005 do not - just the plates.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Rim

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,097 Posts
Do you how much of a height difference does top mount from facelift shocks with bearings add, compared to the perfacelift ones without top mount bearings. Maybe thats the issue why lowerings springs from older model dont drop the car as much as it suppose to. Here is the reference pic. You can see the difference it top mount assemblies betwwen older and newer GG/GY chasis. (number 16 in the old one, and 22-25-26 in the new one). Looks like this 25 "plate" doesn't allow car to drop lower.
I have a US model 5/2004 6s and there is an updated strut mount available for that (change month 9/2004 I believe). I have mounted both kinds with the same factory spring and noticed no difference in overall height. My end setup is to remain with the thrust bearing units as I feel they operate better. Mazda lists all years and sub-models using the same part number.
GN1G-34-38YA

2008 Mazda 6S, i2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas
2007 Mazda 6Mazdaspeed, S, i2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas
2006 Mazda 6Mazdaspeed, S, i2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas
2005 Mazda 6S, i2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas
2004 Mazda 6S, i2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas
2003 Mazda 6S, i2.3L L4 - Gas, 3.0L V6 - Gas

You will have some ride height discrepancy if you do not release your suspension bushings and re-tighten them to the new (lower) ride height. Different height, until the inevitably tear that is.
Good luck.

Light Camera accessory Product Automotive tire Black

1 - 7 of 7 Posts