Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BONJOUR À TOUS,

I JUST RECEIVED MY 2.3 L 6i YESTERDAY (WITH THE 17' WHEELS) & I'M REALLY IMPRESS WITH THE OVERALL BALANCE OF THE CAR. IT IS VERY RESPONSIVE & THE HANDLING IS GREAT.
THE COMBINATION OF PRICE / FAMILY CAR (I HAVE 3 KIDS) / FUN TO DRIVE IS UNBEATABLE.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT: THE FRONT SEATS.
THEY ARE FIRM (WHICH IS VERY GOOD) BUT I CAN EASILY FEEL (AND I MEAN VERY EASILY) THE FRAME OF THE SEAT (I HAVE THE ELECTRIC FRONT SEAT) UNDER MY ASS (VERY UNCOMFORTABLE...).

CAN YOU TELL ME IF ANYBODY HAS EVER EXPERIENCED THIS?
IS IT COMMUM TO ALL 6s?

THANKS FOR THE INPUT...GUY
:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Reading Topic: FRONT SEATS

Ouch.. stop shouting please!

No problems here.. but i weigh 75kg's.. how heavy are you?

·
Registered
75 Posts

No problems here either.
i'm weighing 98kg's and my seat fine.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

No problems here either. Don't know all the kg stuff, since I am in the US, and too lazy to break out a calculator. Do you have the leather package or base?

Maybe his caps lock button got some gum in it and got stuck on.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Kincaid, that was great! Love it! Perhaps we should designate you as the "Shout Mediator" or the "Caps Lock Moderator".

·
Registered
980 Posts

lol...while we are on the topic of seats how are the leather seats. does it feel slippery

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

No actually the leather in the 6 is just right. Feels like an ice cube on winter days but that's to be expected. The seats are pretty hard, but probably just needs to be broken in.

I've been in cars where the leather is so slippery I needed to tilt the seat back to keep from having that 'about to slide out' feeling.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Replying to Topic 'FRONT SEATS'

Not too slippery to sit in but don't leave anything sitting in the passenger seat with a low coefficient of friction (e.g. Cell phone) because it can attain high velocity during a quick stop or turn.

·
Registered
286 Posts

I've got aftermarket leather in mine. I think it's better than the one that comes in the 6 from Mazda. Mine is really soft, feels like my lamb skin leather jacket.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by crimson773

I've got aftermarket leather in mine.  I think it's better than the one that comes in the 6 from Mazda.  Mine is really soft, feels like my lamb skin leather jacket.  [/b]
Did you get new seats or reskinned ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Seems I'm the only one with this problem...

As it seems the seat conception is Ok (everybody can't be wrong); I will visit my dealer to....

Thanks for your input.

P.S. I weight 85kg & I have the cloth seat (with electrical)...GUY

·
Registered
322 Posts

I find the upper part of the seat digs into my back on long journey's, or perhaps the lower part of the seat doesn't have enough back support? It's still more comfortable than my old car though :)

I have the standard leather seats. If they haven't broken in by about a year, I might look at getting them modified provide more back support, but I think they'll be OK :)

No problems with my ass tho, it's still all nice and spongy beneath me ;) I'm ~110kg :( maybe I should start eating subway?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts