Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't feel that much heat from the seat. It's something i gonna report soon but was wondering if anyone had troubles??

I sat in a RSX with seat warmers and they warm up really nice compare to my 6.

Btw I probably drive like 30 mins each time but i don't think that matters since it only takes like 5 mins to heat up???????

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Front Seat Warmers

I dunno, I like how the seat warmers are subtle enough not to burn, but I can DEFINITELY feel them in the NYC winter. It got nice & toasty in mid teen (f) weather.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Front Seat Warmers

Just to let you know that the seat warmers will work off the automatic climate if you have it. Once the car gets warm, it will kick the seat warmers down. It's kind of a neat feature to have. But try just turning the heat to manual control and you will feel the seat warmers a lot more. Just my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Front Seat Warmers'

Originally posted by Absolut

Just to let you know that the seat warmers will work off the automatic climate if you have it.  Once the car gets warm, it will kick the seat warmers down.  It's kind of a neat feature to have.  But try just turning the heat to manual control and you will feel the seat warmers a lot more.  Just my $0.02.[/b]
Not quite. At least not in the JDM/Euro version. Seat warmers have their own thermostats. They regulate the heat automatically, but has nothing to do with the ACC. Quite frankly I would prefer to be able to adjust the heat manually with a wheel (like in Audis for example).

But it works fine. If yours isn't hot enough it's either because it's not that cold outside, or because you're used to an ass toaster.

Comfort is also not beeing TOO hot in the back. Remember there has been many accidents with seatwarmers getting too hot, burning people bad so they get into accident. Some have even been killed that way. They're toast, so to speak.

·
Registered
16 Posts

When I first got my 6 the seat warmers didn't seem all that warm to me either. However, after a couple of cold mornings they seem to be working much better. It seems as though there is a short "break-in" time needed to get them nice and warm.

M

·
0 Posts

I've just taken delivery of the 2.3 Sport. In the owners manual it says that the seat warmer switches are sited on the front of the centre console storage bin, but there's no switches there, nor any dummy cutouts where the switches should go!

Anyone know where the switches are sited on the UK/Euro model M6?

I've looked under both front seats and all the cabling appears to be in place.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by Ichi

I don't feel that much heat from the seat. It's something i gonna report soon but was wondering if anyone had troubles??

I sat in a RSX with seat warmers and they warm up really nice compare to my 6.

Btw I probably drive like 30 mins each time but i don't think that matters since it only takes like 5 mins to heat up???????[/b]
This is my 2nd biggest complaint. Opinion of course, but I think they could get a little warmer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts