Mazda 6 Forums banner

front right turn signal

24K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  FrostyOfTheNorth 
#1 ·
ok guys i picked up ma 2004 lapis blue mazda 6s 5speed last monday...i friggin love the car~!!.....got about 730 miles on in right now but i noticed that somes times my right turn signal in the head light assembly doesnt work at all and sometimes it does......could it be a loose wire?....i checked the wire seemes pretty tight ......some help please....thanx a lot

#2 ·
Replying to Topic 'front right turn signal'

Move to Texas and quit using your turn signals. Problem solved. :D

Seriously, if the problem is isolated to a single front lamp, the odds are it is a loose connection. If the problem affects the front and back on that side, add a suspect turn signal switch to your list. If it problem affects both sides of the car, add a suspect relay to the list of possible causes.

Does it act up frequently enough to reproduce it at the dealership? If so, save yourself the heartache and let them troubleshoot it for you.

#6 ·

Originally posted by 04WhiteSix

what you do is take out the turn signal (turn hard! until it clicks then pull it out)  take a look at the silver contacts in the middle of the unit and bend them out a bit then put back in and perfecto!
yeah, do this AND rub down the contact with rubbing alcohol...also look for fingerprints...mine had a fingerprint from the factory

#7 ·

what you do is take out the turn signal (turn hard! until it clicks then pull it out) take a look at the silver contacts in the middle of the unit and bend them out a bit then put back in and perfecto!
To emphasize this point, same happened to me before I even pulled out of the dealership. According to their mazda tech, they desined this new gig with the bulb attached to a plastic shaft for easier access. You won't get a ground signal unless you turn it clockwise untill it click. My fix took seconds.

#9 ·
I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping that someone is still paying attention. I've got a 2004 Mazda 6 sedan that would occasionally have issues with the left turn signal not blinking. When pushing down the left turn signal switch, the signals would stay off. I could have it engage by manually turning the switch up and down, but in the last few days even that doesn't work. Here's what I've done:

1) Changed front and back turn signal bulbs.
2) Checked the front turn signal socket, pulling out the silver contacts to ensure they're making contact.
3) Tried the right front turn signal socket in place of the left socket.
4) Checked the fuse.

No luck with any of these steps. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.