Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
something seems "off" with the lights......almost literally. when I turn the switch to first click, it should be parking lights. the back lights up, but nothing up front. I dont get anything until second click for the headlights. shouldn't my orange lights come on too? the only time they come on is when the turn signal is blinking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm guessing a blown fuse. I had the same problem after I spliced my foglights into my parking lights. It was a 10a under the hood.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was my initial thought but I didn't find any blown fuses. At the very least, I checked what fuses told me had anything to do with lights. my headlight was out and I checked then to make sure it wasnt a fuse for that also. it's dark now and raining, I will doublecheck it again tomorrow.

·
Registered
563 Posts
something seems "off" with the lights......almost literally. when I turn the switch to first click, it should be parking lights. the back lights up, but nothing up front. I dont get anything until second click for the headlights. shouldn't my orange lights come on too? the only time they come on is when the turn signal is blinking.
a. the parking lights (small 194 bulbs in the highbeam area) could be burned out or non existent.
b. since you bought the 6 used. the prev owner may have done the 'blinker mod' where the sidemarker is tapped into the turn signals. but they should still light up when the blinkers aren't on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, so it's inside the highbeam? it must be a tiny one. I'll definitely look into that, could be the issue. yea, and those side markers arent on at all. how do i take the cover off of that to check

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was just reminded why i don't shop in Pep Boys. firstly I walked the entire store twice looking for the bulbs, they were in teh back corner. I tell the guy which one i'm looking for, but he insisted I was looking for something else. He was giving me the amber blinker lights (2825 i think) that wont fit in like the 194. He insisted i dont need the 194. I would have taken out the old one to show him if I was able too but it looked a bit cumbersome. he sends me to the service department to see if they would at least change them out. they say "they are really busy" but yet i see not a single car in the bays or any customers waiting, and they wanted to charge me. I just ended up leaving.

I'll goto Autozone or Advance Auto later and get the 194's. I saw white ones and orange (amber) ones. is this for personal preference?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
I'll goto Autozone or Advance Auto later and get the 194's. I saw white ones and orange (amber) ones. is this for personal preference?
Sure, you could go for either color, based on your preference.

And I've avoided Pep Boys like the plague after they fired a certain member a couple years back for trying to do the right thing. Plus I've heard nothing but horror stories about their "service" department.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
all the pep boy's within a hundred miles if not more of me have closed down. lol. must be for a good reason. there used to be a few here in my town even. but the last one closed down a few years back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the first guy did have an attitude like "she's a girl so she doesn't have a clue". you'd be surprised what this girl knows!! :p

i could probably get teh guy at autozone to help install them. why? cause he's brutally cute and I'm very flirty :boobs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts