Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a steel grey 6s ordered and it will arrive May 5th. It has the sports package, bose, comfort, every option really. I was just wondering if every 6 has that stupid lisense plate frame in the front bumper? I really dont want one on mine.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: front license plate

Yes, they all have that. There's also 2 holes in the front bumper where it's mounted. You can have them filled, it's not that hard. Painting over that is another story. Mazda seems to use rather esoteric colors...

·
Registered
37 Posts

Well in CA, it IS generally necessary to have a front and rear license plate on a car by law. There are some states, however, that don't require a front license plate.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Actually, at least according to the Raleigh dealer here in NC...those holes are drilled by the dealer. So if you have ordered it, call them now and tell them not to do it. People buying off the lot don't have that option as it's usually drilled when they do the initial service.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Yes, the holes are drilled by the dealer.

There is no front tag requiremnet in PA. I told the salesman directly, if they put a plate on the front I would refuse the car.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Well, I just figured that the factory did it, since I've heard a lot of people bitching about it around here... I guess that's why we have this forum, eh?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'front license plate'

Yeah, I'm definitly calling the dealership up because i dont want a front license plate or holes in my brand new car!! thanks everyone

·
Registered
113 Posts

iv had my car since Jan 2003 and if you think of it the licence plate in the front actually acts like a pre bumper so other car cant back up and scratch your vehical. ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replying to Topic 'front license plate'

yeah, my mom has a durango r/t with a trailer hitch in the back. I was driving it one day and some idiot decided to not pay any atention and hit the back of the durango. the durango was fine but the car was all messed up from the trailer hitch being there. I got out of the truck and said you moron, look what you did to your car!! haha, i thought it was pretty funny:)

N

·
0 Posts

I too was rather upset about seeing 2 holes drilled directly into my bumper. I want to try to install the 'Mazda 6' tag seen on the front of all the cars on the European Mazda website. Any ideas how to get one????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts