Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
We just picked up an '05 Mazda6 5 Speed!

It was originally a Florida car and didn't need a front plate, but we live in Ohio which requires a front plate :(
I really don't want to mess up the clean front end look. On my Camaro i mounted it on the airdam underneath, but there doesn't seem to be a good location on the 6...
What have you guys done?
The only idea i have right now is to fold up the plate and put it in the bottom grill so that only the numbers show!

Any other good ideas??

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
563 Posts
the only problem i see with your idea is that the month/year registration tabs won't be showing. that being said, i've thought about zip tying it to the center mesh and putting foam on the lower half of the plate so it doesn't scratch the bumper. otherwise i'm going to make some sort of custom mount.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a trans am with no front plate mount, I just put it in the windshield. I think eventully just stopped putting it up and never had any problems, but law enforcment seems to be more money hungry now and would probably nail you for it. Front plates, one of the reasons I've always hated living in Ohio. I found the factory bracket online at mazda-parts.com for only 8 bucks or something, just fyi.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I would rather go without a plate than put it in the window LOL. I'll probably just fabricate something.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
the only problem i see with your idea is that the month/year registration tabs won't be showing.
do they ever put that info on the front plate? in every state ive lived in, all that info is only on the rear. so it wouldnt matter.

on my 626gt, i actually have it folded over like he's talking about. been like that over 3 years, and havent been bothered. but i did ask a cop once if i could get away with it, and he said as long as the state is legible, and so are the #'s, your fine. of course you cant see the state on mine. but owell. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as long as the state is legible, and so are the #'s, your fine.
Good to know!
This is where i put it on my Z28. Since this picture, it has brushed up on to a few bumps and folded under so that only the numbers are showing. It's been that way for a few years and now one has bothered me yet.

I'll figure something out for the 6...not sure what yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Go to Altec Products Inc. and look at the Show N Go License Plate. Great idea, apparently very well implemented (you don't need the power version, though!).

·
Registered
563 Posts
do they ever put that info on the front plate? in every state ive lived in, all that info is only on the rear. so it wouldnt matter.

on my 626gt, i actually have it folded over like he's talking about. been like that over 3 years, and havent been bothered. but i did ask a cop once if i could get away with it, and he said as long as the state is legible, and so are the #'s, your fine. of course you cant see the state on mine. but owell. lol
we have tabs for front and rear in MN.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Go to Altec Products Inc. and look at the Show N Go License Plate. Great idea, apparently very well implemented (you don't need the power version, though!).

This.

They sell several of these types of plate mounts. Just do a quick search on the internet. They are relatively inexpensive too.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Just put the plate on the car where it belongs

-When you're sitting in the car you can't see it
-It's not going to reduce cooling
-It's a Mazda6 and so it's hardly a design thing
-It will never look as adolescent as putting it on the dash
-Nobody over 20 gives a rat's ass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts