Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and googled it, but can't seem to find out exactly what needs to be done to install a front license bracket on the 6. I'm moving to Wisconsin, so I'm forced to put the #$#% thing on, which I'm not too thrilled about. :swearin:
I had the dealer order the bracket, but I'm wondering if it's something I can attempt myself (if no drilling is required). Any help?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
well when you get the kit it should come with a)the bracket and b)mounting hardware, and I think but not sure c)screws to hold the lic plate on. You should see two divots on your front cover. if you put the bracket up you should see the two divots threw the holes in the bracket. if you do, remove the bracket and use a screwdriver to start the holes in the cover (dont screw them in all the way, waste of time) once you get them started take them out slap the bracket up there and finish screwing them in. DONE!
Now you can have a stupid ass lic bracket up front like us in texas.

Im with you man I think having a plate up front is a waste!

Hope that helps!

Karb0nK0py

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
You're only "forced" if you get caught, and they are not generally enforced in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
they are in nebraska. i got what they call a fix-it ticket and had to have an officer sign the ticket saying it's fixed and mail the ticket in. should this be in the lounge or in the mazda6 general talk forum?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info everyone. I called the dealer and decided to just let them do it for 10 bucks since it's a lease ... to cover my rear.
Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Odin007
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing