Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got my SPC camber bolts installed in front. Got -1.2 Deg. of camber, coupled with a slight toe out in front and zero toe in the rear, there is more steering responsiveness and less understeering during cornering. Much more enjoyable to drive

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got my SPC camber bolts installed in front. Got -1.2 Deg. of camber, coupled with a slight toe out in front and zero toe in the rear, there is more steering responsiveness and less understeering during cornering. Much more enjoyable to drive

Are you running stock suspension?
was -1.2 Deg the max or is that how far you chose to take it?
Any negative effects (tire wear or wandering more on grooved pavement)?

I am planning to do this on my 6 to help cornering and even out tire wear (currently wearing more on outer edges as I like to throw it around corners!). Then going to follow up with upgraded RSB.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My car has stock suspension. I think I could have taken the negative camber a couple of tenths of a degree more, but that is where I chose to leave it at. I think that is the max allowable by Mazda specs. I have not noticed any more inner edge wear. in fact the tires are wearing pretty evenly. There is a little more wandering, which is acceptable to me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got the bolts installed a few months ago, maxed out at -1.0 degrees, on Godspeed lowering springs 1.2" drop, and love it. It's a subtle difference, just a little better turn in and grip when pushing it hard in corners. Also my tires appear to be wearing more evenly (before I was wearing the outer edge prematurely).

·
Registered
994 Posts
Dan, is the straight-ahead steering at freeway speed exactly the same with your -1° frt camber? Can you please comment on whether you find the steering good, bad, or indifferent? Thx!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dan, is the straight-ahead steering at freeway speed exactly the same with your -1° frt camber? Can you please comment on whether you find the steering good, bad, or indifferent? Thx!
Ya, freeway is mostly the same maybe a slight tendency to wander with grooves, but I also went to 0 toe-in at the same alignment. Steering feels much better, particularly the turn-in entering a turn feels like it rotates a touch faster and just feels more planted when pushing it. There is a slight tendency to follow grooves, but very mild.
At some point I'd like to get coilovers and go to -1.5 or -2.0 for autocross, but I may just go to a wider tire and stay at existing camber (wider the tire/wheel the more effect the same camber will have).

·
Registered
994 Posts
I did autocross / slalom at the end of my college/university days... in those years, in a clapped-out Datsun (Nissan) 510 with RSB addition, FSB changes (delrin bushed, heavier), believe it or not (wider) Chevrolet CORVAIR steelies, more effective suspension dampening. Learned a lot. Probably TOO (drop-throttle) tail-happy due to rear sway bar bias, semi-trailing-arm rear susp. Lotsa fun.

Last Mazda drivers day event took out a 2019 Mazda6 T on their slalom course... Surprised me how nimble it was for the size of car it is.

I tend to go pretty easy on my 6... as autoslalom can be hard on a car.

Lotsa fun, in any case😊 .

41 - 48 of 48 Posts