Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I am about to purchase a 2002 gy wagon
I want to make it look different and get some cool parts. Can you use gg parts on the gy car. I was thinking of getting mps front bumper or something aftermarket and want to know if gg parts would fit. (Headlights/tail lights, bumpers, etc)
TIA

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the Club.

You can swap most front end parts from an first generation (02-05 & 06-08 (facelift)) fairly seamlessly between GG-GY including headlights however anything behind the front doors won't work. The back half of GY body is entirely different from the GG, and bumpers, taillights, doors, etc won't fit; wagon parts are specific for the back half of the car.

MPS (MazdaSpeed) front clip parts can work, however you require more than just the bumper because there are alignment issues using those parts on a regular series 6. To make it work and look right, you need the bumper cover, fenders & liners, cowl and with those changes, the stock hood won't look right so you'd want that from an MPS too.

I own an 04 GY and have an 07 front bumper cover on it (along with front seats from an 08 GT). Lots of things can be swapped around on first generation cars, but exterior body panels when you're talking about a wagon are somewhat limited.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts