Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years back I got tapped in a parking lot and the front bumper gave out a little. As you can see it's sticking out in the middle where it meets the grille.

I've never removed the bumper before but to those who have, do you think it's a broken clip? I was trying to get out of removing whole bumper to repair. Any ideas? Lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with your bumper. They come like that to allow for fitting of a front plate. Unless you're talking about the bottom of the grille 'V,' in which case, yeah, that's pushed out a bit. Just press it back. There's nothing really behind there IIRC. But if your bumper is bowed, then the bumper is bowed and you're kind of SOL. Or, your grill is pushed too far inwards and needs to be pulled out towards the front of the car. Could be either, but you won't know unless you take the bumper off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah I meant the bottom of the V. It's not that horrible but bothers me when up close washing it.

I've tried pushing it in and nothing was catching. I bet you're right about the grille possibly being pushed back in that spot. Probably would catch a clip if I somehow pulled it back. But yeah probably going to have to take off.

I don't see anything wrong with your bumper. They come like that to allow for fitting of a front plate. Unless you're talking about the bottom of the grille 'V,' in which case, yeah, that's pushed out a bit. Just press it back. There's nothing really behind there IIRC. But if your bumper is bowed, then the bumper is bowed and you're kind of SOL. Or, your grill is pushed too far inwards and needs to be pulled out towards the front of the car. Could be either, but you won't know unless you take the bumper off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts