Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nice lip. Kinda like a Kentstyle wannabe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have been looking around for a front lip for my 06, if you decide to get it; its going to add a nice touch to your 6. I am not sure if it will fit, but if your vehicle falls under the years mentioned on the auction it should fit. I havent had any issues with body parts fitting from items purchased on ebay. Then again i ordered it for my previous civic si.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Is anyone familiar with this front lip and whether or not it fits??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-05-Ma...053457715QQrdZ1 [/b]

$20 for the part and $100 to ship it.......? What a crock of bullshit. First of all any body part that only costs $20 is likely to be a piece of crap, and for $100 I could ship a dozen of them.

This guy is trying to make a fast buck and scam his way out of paying the high ebay fees.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$20 for the part and $100 to ship it.......? What a crock of bullshit. First of all any body part that only costs $20 is likely to be a piece of crap, and for $100 I could ship a dozen of them.

This guy is trying to make a fast buck and scam his way out of paying the high ebay fees.
[/b]
I was afraid of that, but...essentially he's selling it for $120, no matter how you cut it. Also, it's made out of plastic. But that's really the problem with everything on ebay, you're buying it without seeing it or touching it ... I appreciate your input though.

Looks like the Mugen style lips for Honda's....but does it say if it will fit the 6 sport or non sport
[/b]

I wrote to the seller with that question and have not heard back....

·
Registered
160 Posts
The reason sellers list an item for cheap and add the difference to the shipping is a classic scam tactic. Its so that if you return the item you only get what you paid for the item back, which in this case is 20 bucks. He doesnt have to refund your 100 as it went towards shipping. If you pay with paypal it will only give you the 20 bucks back so he is at no loss. So many of these sellers are doing this, its such a crock of shit. Never buy anything cheaper than you know it should be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason sellers list an item for cheap and add the difference to the shipping is a classic scam tactic. Its so that if you return the item you only get what you paid for the item back, which in this case is 20 bucks. He doesnt have to refund your 100 as it went towards shipping. If you pay with paypal it will only give you the 20 bucks back so he is at no loss. So many of these sellers are doing this, its such a crock of shit. Never buy anything cheaper than you know it should be.
[/b]

Thanks techfreak . I was so afraid of it not fitting I didn't really notice that.
I makes alot of sense though. I'll watch for that sort of thing in the future . Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The reason sellers list an item for cheap and add the difference to the shipping is a classic scam tactic. Its so that if you return the item you only get what you paid for the item back, which in this case is 20 bucks. He doesnt have to refund your 100 as it went towards shipping. If you pay with paypal it will only give you the 20 bucks back so he is at no loss. So many of these sellers are doing this, its such a crock of shit. Never buy anything cheaper than you know it should be. [/b]
its also a nice scam to avoid paying the ebay fees, which are based upon selling price. either way this guy should be reported to ebay for this crap.

be afraid, be very afraid.

·
Registered
270 Posts
its also a nice scam to avoid paying the ebay fees, which are based upon selling price. either way this guy should be reported to ebay for this crap.

be afraid, be very afraid.
[/b]
I have purchased a few items on ebay and it is definitely a buyer-beware situation. I have dealt with a very good company (Abalone Parts) which not only got the right products to me, but also assisted with any questions even after the sale. I have also had some less than pleasing experiences with long shipping times and poor service. Always look at the seller's feedback before you commit. I am now staying pretty much with better-known outfits so I can feel confidnet that the service end will be there as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have purchased a few items on ebay and it is definitely a buyer-beware situation. I have dealt with a very good company (Abalone Parts) which not only got the right products to me, but also assisted with any questions even after the sale. I have also had some less than pleasing experiences with long shipping times and poor service. Always look at the seller's feedback before you commit. I am now staying pretty much with better-known outfits so I can feel confidnet that the service end will be there as well.
[/b]

Thank you Dennis. That's definiately the feeling I was getting too. Thank you for your input! I might
run some other potential purchases by you in the future , if that 's ok....but I won't be a nusance...Thanks!

Thank you Dennis. That's definiately the feeling I was getting too. Thank you for your input! I might
run some other potential purchases by you in the future , if that 's ok....but I won't be a nusance...Thanks!
[/b]
Sorry I screwed your name up Scott....thanks again

·
Registered
689 Posts
as a seller on ebay. you would think that they would post a picture with the lip on the car. not a civic lip picture.

he is ether selling something that was never made (thats why there is no picture)

or a really bad seller lol

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Simple.. key Factory.. he started this posting to ask if anyone has seen it or knows anything about it... NO one has posted saying "yeah thats a great part"....

So his answer is... no one knows anything about it... BAD idea =) Good idea to post on this site asking about it however =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts