Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the damaged bumper, unfortunetally one of the rims didn't make it. Girlfriend decided to hop a curb in a parking lot when i was trying to teach her stick........ ordered a new bumper already but decided to give this autobody stuff a lil try on the damaged bumper, heres what i came out with...

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took bumper off, cleaned it down, started patching up that hole and filling in gash's and sanding sanding sanding, and filling and sanding

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
left side... sanded then cleaned, primed, then applied several base coats and finished with top coats

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
this was my first time doin any body work stuff n figured i could at least do somethin bout it till i can get the new bumper professionally painted.
only took total about 4 from the time of damage impact to clearcoat curing back on muh front end.. had ta do something about, to many eyes goin in places i don wanem to see :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
looks nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Took bumper off, cleaned it down, started patching up that hole and filling in gash's and sanding sanding sanding, and filling and sanding
Looking at your pictures, it seems pretty easy to take the bumper off... having no experience doing this, you think that is a fair assumption? that it is easy?

what i'm getting at is, is it tough to replace headlight by taking the bumper off? SOme are saying this. How difficult is it to take the headlight out once the bumper is off?

·
Registered
698 Posts
If I were you, I wouldn't get your new bumper drilled for the license plate. In place of the license plate I'd install one of these:
They're not cheap though... Something to think about....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts