Mazda 6 Forums banner

Front bumper cover price

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  djai 
#1 ·
I was following a landscaping truck yesterday afternoon on the freeway when a couple of small logs fell out of the back. One of them shattered the front lip (black plastic part) and put a 1" tear in painted part of the bumper cover.

Anyone know about what this part will cost? I think the other driver is going to pay for it but who knows since he was some broke ass landscaper driving someone elses beater truck without insurance.

#4 ·
The mazdaspeed bra is only 100 dollars and is TOP QUALITY. It might be a good fix until you get the parts/get your insurance check/save up some cash...whatever your case may be.

#5 ·
Yikes I hope I don't get accosted by those who protect the poor, unfortunate souls who can't afford insurance, but ppl w/out insurance suck :-(

I totally know what you mean about that type of damage tho - just the other day I was following a thread way too close - next thing I know, I have all sorts of adverse discussion, completely unrelated to my car, shoved RIGHT in my grill. Inconsiderate bastards didn't have the material adequately secured.
Talked w my agent - damage NOT covered :-(((

#6 ·
I took the MS6 over to collision1 for a quick estimate and the original quote said something like $235 for the bumper cover, so I asked them to check again. Their system had the wrong part listed it was in fact $490.

Total estimate for this little repair? $1105. Wow.

#9 ·
Well, the owner of the truck, Rick Prevost of Cedars Tree Service has apparently decided NOT to pay for my damages. Funny, his business card says "Licensed and Insured" but he's claiming to not have any insurance on the vehicle. Deadbeats can rot in hell.

#10 ·
should be an easy one for your insurance company to sort out.

hope you got a police report.

#12 ·
Well, the owner of the truck, Rick Prevost of Cedars Tree Service has apparently decided NOT to pay for my damages. Funny, his business card says "Licensed and Insured" but he's claiming to not have any insurance on the vehicle. Deadbeats can rot in hell.
[/b]

threaten with small claims court, in the meantime call your attorney general, local news station and better businesss bureau, see if you get a reaction :)

#14 ·
[/b]
Contact your state labor dept. and tell them that he's operating without a license and insurance. Next time he'll pay claims....that is, if he's not in jail or homeless then.

#15 ·
Well, to answer my own post, the bumper cover is $493 and the skirt pieces are $28.35 each...[/b]

Hi, I have my bumper, and the bottom black plastic broke as well. I got a quote about the same... I'm just not sure what are the skirt pieces.... is there 2 pieces to it? i.e. left and right? Does it actually have a skirt? I got a qutoe for $1000 for repainting the bumper and the skirt piece. Is the bottom black spoiler separate from it? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

#17 ·
I took the MS6 over to collision1 for a quick estimate and the original quote said something like $235 for the bumper cover, so I asked them to check again. Their system had the wrong part listed it was in fact $490.

Total estimate for this little repair? $1105. Wow.[/b]
About three weeks ago I was legally parked at a curb; my MS6 was locked and unattended, when a woman in a Ford Taurus accidently backed into my front bumper at about 3 mph --- in other words, a 'walk' speed.

Her rear bumper was virtually undamaged --- just a few paint scratches. My car suffered a dent in the front bumper cover and a split plastic frame for the fog light on the driver's side. Her insurance paid for everything, and repairs, once the body shop obtained the replacement parts, took overnight. Quality seems good, and the whole affair, while upsetting at first, seems to be turning out to not be such a big deal.

I have a Repair Invoice in front of me as I type this:

Lamp Cover $ 22.10

Bumper Slide 6.85

Front Bumper Cover 490.90
_______

Subtotal: Parts $ 519.90

Paint/Supplies 85.00

Labor 262.00
________

TOTAL: $ 867.10

#18 ·
About three weeks ago I was legally parked at a curb; my MS6 was locked and unattended, when a woman in a Ford Taurus accidently backed into my front bumper at about 3 mph --- in other words, a 'walk' speed.

Her rear bumper was virtually undamaged --- just a few paint scratches. My car suffered a dent in the front bumper cover and a split plastic frame for the fog light on the driver's side. Her insurance paid for everything, and repairs, once the body shop obtained the replacement parts, took overnight. Quality seems good, and the whole affair, while upsetting at first, seems to be turning out to not be such a big deal.

I have a Repair Invoice in front of me as I type this:

Lamp Cover $ 22.10

Bumper Slide 6.85

Front Bumper Cover 490.90
_______

Subtotal: Parts $ 519.90

Paint/Supplies 85.00

Labor 262.00
________

TOTAL: $ 867.10[/b]

That's not bad... you know there is a black blastic below the bumper... is that inclued with the bumper? I virtually teared that off along with thos plastic that suppose to hold the bumper... so.. I might be having some more troubles....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.