Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a Mazda 6 with the sport package. I would like to add mud guards to the car.
I saw there are rear guards but I haven't seen anything about front guards.

Do they exist.

Jason

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reading Topic: Front and Rear Mud Guard

I think that means that the car comes standard with front mud guards, and the rear ones are optional. Anyone have these that can take a picture?

·
Registered
526 Posts

If you've got the sport package, then rear mudguards are not available from Mazda. They are available with non-sport cars only.

Go to Mazdausa.com and build a car with the sport package. The rear mudguard option disappears once you add it.

·
Registered
543 Posts

I asked about that, and the dealer guy (my neighbor) said you don't need them on the Sport Package because that lower skirt thing behind the rear wheels act as a mud guard themselves.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Once I get the chance I'm going to get some of that 3M clear-mask stuff they use on the rear fenders of turbo 911's to prevent stone chips. Crystal clear and protects the paint from damage.

Not good for keeping dirt off, but prevents damage.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Front and Rear Mud Guard'

Ok i was wondering about that stuff...i mean its permanent right? so if a large rock does hit it and marrs the clearguard stuff, can it be buffed out or do you have a big ugly mark anyway?

·
Registered
526 Posts

The clearguard will take the brunt of the blow and I'm not aware of any way to repair it. It's pretty durable stuff. BUT - the car itself isn't damaged. I'd rather have the plastic marred than a hole in the paint.

The mask can be replaced - a hair dryer and some time will remove it and a new piece can be applied.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Questions-

Where can we get a roll/sheet?

and

How much for a roll/sheet?

I hate driving on freeways with fast moving traffic with a truck hauling tons of dirt about a half a mile in front of you. Just one pebble, that's all it takes to hurt the paint. Does anyone know how hard or soft the 6's paint is?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Front mud guards are standard. Rear ones optional. They protect the paint on the rear bumper, and should function even with sports package.

I have them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts