Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Mazda6S Sport with 50,000km on it. Sometimes when I (185lbs) or other people (much less) sits in the car (regardless of driver or passenger side) makes the front and rear suspension parts of the side produce a "groaning" sound. Is it time to change my shocks/struts?

I guess if I am considering changing the shocks/struts, I should also consider getting new springs while I'm at it. The car drives and handles pretty well still. I DO want to get a little firmer springs without lower the car much (living in Canada with seldom 40cm of snow). I've been looking at the Racing Beat springs for a while. Would I be able to use OEM shocks with the modest 0.75" drop or should I go all out and spend the money on Bilstein HDs?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
on the suspension making noise, i think you should take your to the dealer if you have a warranty still. i have almost 99,000 miles on my stock suspension, with no issues, but i live further south so maybe that could be it, not sure. check with Mazda or search for recalls and tsb's on here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts