Mazda 6 Forums banner

Freshly washed and removed door guards

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  spiky3480 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Dammit...makes me wish mine was a 5-door...and washed. I see you're getting the same chips in the front...

Just a wash or wash/wax? Either way, it looks great! Onyx FTW!!

#8 ·
Dammit...makes me wish mine was a 5-door...and washed. I see you're getting the same chips in the front...

Just a wash or wash/wax? Either way, it looks great! Onyx FTW!!
[/b]
Yeah, it seems everytime I wash the 6 I find more chips and scratches. Here's the scope:

1. Wash -- dawn
2. Claybar -- Mothers
3. Wash -- Meguirs car wash
4. Wax -- Meguirs NXT spray wax
5. Wax -- Mothers carnuba wax
6. sit and admire

I also did the interior too but the sprinlers kicked on before I could take pics! :sarc:

#9 ·
1. Wash -- dawn
2. Claybar -- Mothers
3. Wash -- Meguirs car wash
4. Wax -- Meguirs NXT spray wax
5. Wax -- Mothers carnuba wax
6. sit and admire

[/b]
Thanks for the rundown. What materials did you use to wash/dry? Chamois/MF? How long did claybarring take?
My Zaino should be arriving today and from what I've seen on this board and elsewhere is that it is quite a few more steps and work. But everyone seems VERY happy with the results so I guess I will see for myself soon.

Looks great! Any mod plans? Wheels? GJ on getting an '05...those look the best!

#10 ·
I just use a chamois. Overall I am happy with it. Claybarring isn't too bad. Waxing is much more of a pain.

I am a little tight on money for the next month or two so I am planning on small mods. I am hoping for tints, clear corners and painted calipers by the end of June. Then later this summer I would like to finally get my Alpine 9815 HU in. So that means I need to get a metra kit and the SWI-X converter. I will keep the pics coming with the mods though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.