Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Mazda6 ... bought in Sep 08 ...
The temperature here is really freezing and so i notice that my windows are frozen up ... from the inside. there is a layer of ice all over the glass from the inside. Now the rear defroster removes that, but then the drops fall inside ... the front is taken care by the blower, but not the entire glass, the majority part of the corners is still frozen and it is hard to remove it manually because of the curved shape ...
the windows is another story, the front windows are partially cleared by the front blower, but the rear windows are always covered with ice ...

now what might be the problem and how can i fix it?

thanks!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,519 Posts
First, check that all windows are completely up and sealed tight.

Second, try and minimize the amount of snow/slush/ice that gets tracked into the car. All that moisture collects on the floor mats and can cause icing on the windows from evaporation.

Third, to get rid of the ice, leave the defroster or defroster/floor setting on all the time when driving. This helps to limit the amount of condensation build-up from breathing or sweat.

Also, try to park in the sun or in a heated garage. Both can help with removing the moisture.

These are some tricks that I do to keep the frost/ice build-up from my windows in the colder months. I hope at least one of them helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.
here's the issue.
i am in MI right now and so its freezing and i have a uncovered parking space.
i always leave the front defroster on while driving. that clears the windshield to an extent and the front windows.
but the rear windows is the issue here.
i am worried if there is a "leak".
i dont know if this might be related, but i have found that the matting on the inside top is "loose" at the rear end (i found this because when i play songs, some of the high bass songs cause a vibration there) and maybe there is a "leak" but i am just guessing.
i have to take it to the dealer to get that fixed, i can ask him what the issue might me.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,519 Posts
QUOTE (baardya @ Jan 14 2009, 12:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1504130
thanks.
here's the issue.
i am in MI right now and so its freezing and i have a uncovered parking space.
i always leave the front defroster on while driving. that clears the windshield to an extent and the front windows.
but the rear windows is the issue here.
i am worried if there is a "leak".
i dont know if this might be related, but i have found that the matting on the inside top is "loose" at the rear end (i found this because when i play songs, some of the high bass songs cause a vibration there) and maybe there is a "leak" but i am just guessing.
i have to take it to the dealer to get that fixed, i can ask him what the issue might me.[/b]
In that case, it could very well be a leak, either in the rear window seal itself, or maybe around the rear door frames or windows.

Did you check to see if the rear shelf, the rear seats, or the floor has any excess moisture? My wife's previous car (a Neon) suffered a leak from the passenger rear window seal, which ended up soaking part of the seat and leaving a pool of water in the rear footwell.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you have the satellite radio antenna? The cover does not provide a great seal there is a potential area for water entry. I haven't looked under this cover to see what actually penetrates the roof. Anyone had a look at this?
Fudd
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Jan 14 2009, 09:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1504135
In that case, it could very well be a leak, either in the rear window seal itself, or maybe around the rear door frames or windows.

Did you check to see if the rear shelf, the rear seats, or the floor has any excess moisture? My wife's previous car (a Neon) suffered a leak from the passenger rear window seal, which ended up soaking part of the seat and leaving a pool of water in the rear footwell.[/b]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually the "leak" i was talking about ... is one ... and there is a vibration on the driver side window ... so there might be the actual leak ...
i also notice that the driver side windshield-inside and the driver-side the window fog up and freeze more than the other side ...
so there is definitey something wrong there ... i will have it checked out ...

it was sunny for the past few days and so during the day i opened the windows a little bit .. got out the moisture a bit ... also had my heater on full blast and high temp when i was driving ... front defroster ... so i got most of it out ...
but is snowed yesterday and today and the damn snow got in again ... so i am in for some ice inside tomorrow ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts