Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone...

I'm visiting Reston this week (Mon-Thurs afternoon) and would it be cool to meet up with some of you. I talked with Steve (stretch) and he would be interested in meeting somewhere with Greg (crossbow) as well. He mentioned meeting at D&B in Rockville Wednesday night.. Which may work for me (I'm not sure of my scheduled just yet). Post up if you're interested...

I'll post once I know my schedule for this week...

BTW -- I'm at the Homestead Suites in Reston (this places sucks -- I would not recommend) with a rental Pontiac Grand Am GP (what were they thinking?)

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I'm down for meeting up. I live in Owings Mills, which is about an hour away from NOVA. I'm free on Wed night as well after work which ends at 5. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Well if you don't mind me asking, what brings you to our side of town?

I"ll try to see if i can come, but it looks very bleak!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I'm in. 7:30 sound good? Absolut, I'd leave around 7:00. That should be after the bulk of the traffic (though it'll still be heavy). With luck, you'll get there in 20 minutes, but plan on it taking 30. D&B is on the top floor of a mall. The most parking is on the rear side of the mall- you can drive up a ramp and park right outside D&B. The mall looks like this and will be on your right as you drive north on Rockville Pike (rt-355):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...&iwloc=addr

Crossbow says he'll try to make it. If he doesn't, we'll carpool to his house. He voted for eating downstairs at one of the other, quieter restaurants though- PF Changs, Bertucci's, or Cheesecake Factory. I think that's a good idea- all three restaurants are pretty good. Since Absolut is on business, he can buy the meal on his business account, right? :p

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Careful of that Ebola over there in Reston! :p I wonder if I could make it thee in time for free beer...

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Thinking about trying to make it...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Reston sucks. Drive down the Tollroad til you get into Arlington. Thats where the young (and sometimes snobby) socialites hang out. And expect Beltway traffic to probably take you closer to 30 minutes for that stretch of road alone, probably 45 mins from Reston to D&Bs. Im in Arlington and I have band practice in Rockville right next to the Strathmore Center off the Pike 2 nights a week and it takes me 30-45 minutes to get there and I usually leave right around 7:00ish.

Hey Merv, did you move bro? My car is at Rosenthal for (hopefully) warranty work so no wheels for me. Luckily I live around the block from Rosenthal and Rock Bottom..... and Fuji I think.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Reston sucks. Drive down the Tollroad til you get into Arlington. Thats where the young (and sometimes snobby) socialites hang out. And expect Beltway traffic to probably take you closer to 30 minutes for that stretch of road alone, probably 45 mins from Reston to D&Bs. Im in Arlington and I have band practice in Rockville right next to the Strathmore Center off the Pike 2 nights a week and it takes me 30-45 minutes to get there and I usually leave right around 7:00ish.

Hey Merv, did you move bro? My car is at Rosenthal for (hopefully) warranty work as the snow storm decided to leave standing water in my drivers side light so no wheels for me. Luckily I live around the block from Rosenthal and Rock Bottom..... and Fuji I think.[/b]
Fugi lives right behind Rosenthal...lol... that really sucks man, I need to bring mine in for some work too.

Yeah I'm in Manassas for the moment, but I'm buying a house out in Stephen City, Va, so I will be even further away.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
And expect Beltway traffic to probably take you closer to 30 minutes for that stretch of road alone, probably 45 mins from Reston to D&Bs.[/b]
Steve the optimist says, "Because it's gorgeous out today, everyone will go home from work early, leaving less traffic than normal by 7:10 when Tony hits the beltway."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.