Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I would like to thank RPM for the great service and fast shipment. This is by no means directed at them. I tried installing the NRG hood dampers and first of all the directions dont even go with the freaking kit. The brackest are double holed in the picture but are single in real life. It doesnt say whcih side the left and right ones go on casue I tried it on both and nothing worked. I finally got it assembled and when I SLOWLY closed the hood the damper popped off the bolt breaking off one of the ends! Come someone please help. :tear:

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
The brackets should be labeled L and R, with the L going on the driver's side. The brackets go on the bolt that is closest to the windshield. This picture might help:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&id=11383

If you continue to have problems, NRG told me to feel free to have my customers contact the NRG technical support. They work from 10am to 2pm M-F Pacific time and the number is located on the NRG website, which is www.getnrg.com

RPM will also assist in any way that we can, but we do ask that you contact NRG Tech Support first as they may be able to solve your problems.

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much I knew you could help. I called NRG and they said they could not replace the part and that I have to talk to the place I purchased the kit from. It is just the ball joint and the locking pin I need replaced. Not sure where I can get these two pieces.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Thank you very much I knew you could help. I called NRG and they said they could not replace the part and that I have to talk to the place I purchased the kit from. It is just the ball joint and the locking pin I need replaced. Not sure where I can get these two pieces.
[/b]
I thought that the ball joint could not be removed from the damper. Can you confirm that you were able to successfully remove the ball joint? And if so, which end did you remove it from?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Im sorry its the socket part on the damper not the ball joint. It just screws off. The part that the pins go in. Both ends of the damper are the same. Thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I ordered one of these several months ago.. and... my money was returned... haven't heard anything since... SOOOO now that I see this is back...

Does RPM know if these will work with a speed6 hood? The guys who I was ordering from a while back wern't 100% sure however they said I should try... and if it did not work they would refund my money - shipping costs....

So.. do you know Falcontx if this kit is tested or works with speed6... or are you guys willing to do the same deal? Allow me to "test" them and assuming they don't work and are returned in like-new condution refund all but shipping charges?

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
Does RPM know if these will work with a speed6 hood? The guys who I was ordering from a while back wern't 100% sure however they said I should try... and if it did not work they would refund my money - shipping costs....

So.. do you know Falcontx if this kit is tested or works with speed6... or are you guys willing to do the same deal? Allow me to "test" them and assuming they don't work and are returned in like-new condution refund all but shipping charges?
[/b]
It will not work on the Mazdaspeed 6. We did have someone test it and it didn't fit properly.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The NRG dampers were a breeze to install and work effortlessly.

Can't believe so many folks have trouble. I've been working on cars for years though and have learned to think things out.

I think NRG is getting a bad rap.

John :cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well excuse me, but I "THINK THINGS OUT" too. The directions are not good at all from NRG but since I "THINK THINGS OUT" I figured out eventually how to install them and fixed the piece my self. I am so glad you "THINK THINGS OUT" also.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There were directions with the kit? Hmm, you learn something new everyday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts