Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeaaaaah, check it out:

It was on automatically when I started the car. Although the FFD says that I was in open loop? And 57% load... very odd, I think it may be inaccurate, possibly... or, the CEL just didn't show up whenever I was driving and happened to afterwards when I started the car next.

Whatever though, anyone want to shed some light on this? Haven't really heard of members having problems getting this CEL. Regardless, it's going to the dealership b/c it's still doing that damn sputtering thing b/c of the throttle body (need a BB stamped one rather than AB) and now this so... dammit.

Maintenance maintenance maintenance. :swearin:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
So yeaaaaah, check it out:

It was on automatically when I started the car. Although the FFD says that I was in open loop? And 57% load... very odd, I think it may be inaccurate, possibly... or, the CEL just didn't show up whenever I was driving and happened to afterwards when I started the car next.

Whatever though, anyone want to shed some light on this? Haven't really heard of members having problems getting this CEL. Regardless, it's going to the dealership b/c it's still doing that damn sputtering thing b/c of the throttle body (need a BB stamped one rather than AB) and now this so... dammit.

Maintenance maintenance maintenance. :swearin: [/b]
well i believe thats the infamous "loose gas cap" code.

BTW, what's the software package you're using there?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weird, here's the results I got from 6tech. Someone guessed it was the gas cap code as well and then:

QUOTE("sajacy")
I have an '05 6s ATX, and started having the same issue as most other posts: bouncing revs at idle, going down below "normal" idle revs, and when in gear (like at a stoplight) sometimes hard enough to jerk the car.

One look at the CEL code, and the dealer replaced the throttle body.. Everything is fine now, with a smoother idle on the side.
[/b]

So I'm having my throttle body replaced tomorrow by the dealership. Went by today and talked w/ my friend, he said they had them in so, I made an appointment.

Also, I searched 6tech and didn't find any recall forms or anything under the MRI's or TSB's about the throttle body. I know I read somewhere that it's supposed to be replaced w/ a BB stamped new one. Old one is AB stamped.

Anyone know where that document's at? I don't think I'll have any trouble getting them to replace it but, better to be safe than sorry IMO.

Oh, and I'm using the AutoEnginuity scan tool, OBD-II / CAN BUS compatible and all that jazz. It's a cool tool, I love seeing what's wrong w/ the car rather than having to take it to the dealership. I'd highly recommend getting one. There was a rule I read posted somewhere on here awhile back. If you're gonna mod your car, purchase a scantool! It's a lifesaver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Slv6sPitt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing