Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way home from work. Mind, I started work at 7AM and it takes me an hour to get to work. And I left at about 5:45PM. I work in Parlin, NJ and live in Butler, NJ. So i'm on I-287 and my battery light comes on. I keep driving tho. Then the Traction Control Active, ABS, Traction Control off, Check Engine, and E-Brake lights come on. Then, if i take my foot off the gas, the speedo drops to 0 mph, but if I press the accelerator, it flys back to 65mph. Then, all of a sudden, the car jerks soo hard, that I thought someone hit me. I then couldn't accelerate anymore. So i quickly pull into the shoulder and the center display goes out. I called mazda roadside assistance at 6:15PM and got off with them at 7PM and they said someone would come in 90 minutes or less. I wait, 90 minutes comes and goes. I called mazda a few times and they said someone is coming. Finally at 9:30PM the tow truck comes and we tow it to Wayne Mazda, which is still a good half hour away. So we got there around 10PM, and left the key in the night box. I have no clue as to what is wrong with the car. The only guess i have is that the maybe the alterator isnt working?? But anyways here I am at 11:20 beyond tired from work and this car business and not having eaten since noon. I categorize this as one of the longest days of my life. Also a great way to end my first week and my job. :(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks, man.

I see your car's the same year as mine. How many miles were on it?

Keep us posted.
[/b]
it has about 31k miles...right now its at the dealer..but i have to speak with them tomorrow and see whats wrong with it

·
Registered
297 Posts
So I was on my way home from work. Mind, I started work at 7AM and it takes me an hour to get to work. And I left at about 5:45PM. I work in Parlin, NJ and live in Butler, NJ. So i'm on I-287 and my battery light comes on. I keep driving tho. Then the Traction Control Active, ABS, Traction Control off, Check Engine, and E-Brake lights come on. Then, if i take my foot off the gas, the speedo drops to 0 mph, but if I press the accelerator, it flys back to 65mph. Then, all of a sudden, the car jerks soo hard, that I thought someone hit me. I then could accelerate anymore. So i quickly pull into the shoulder and the center display goes out. I called mazda roadside assistance at 6:15PM and got off with them at 7PM and they said someone would come in 90 minutes or less. I wait, 90 minutes comes and goes. I called mazda a few times and they said someone is coming. Finally at 9:30PM the tow truck comes and we tow it to Wayne Mazda, which is still a good half hour away. So we got there around 10PM, and left the key in the night box. I have no clue as to what is wrong with the car. The only guess i have is that the maybe the alterator isnt working?? But anyways here I am at 11:20 beyond tired from work and this car business and not having eaten since noon. I categorize this as one of the worst days of my life. Also a great way to end my first week and my job. :(
[/b]

haha...guess what?...that happened to me today as well...but my problem has something to do with the modifications I did with my car- wiring issues...

·
Registered
978 Posts
damn that sucks...especially on a friday. so no wheels for the weekend...just makes it worse. well hope you get this sorted out fast. good luck!

·
Registered
381 Posts
any updates?
what year and model is your car?
any mods done?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Same thing happened to me, and it was the result of 2 things messing up.

1. TB recall. From what I can tell while driving, I think the butterfly (flapper, whatever) in the TB sticks, which causes the car to jerk and there's usually a power fluctuation afterwards or beforehand.

2. Battery died. My battery went out and, since I replaced it, it's performed tons better. Optima redtop :dmetal:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I forgot to update, been busy with work and stuff. Mazda called me yesteday and told me that it needed a new alternator. So they overnighted it and it should arrive today. They said that my car would be done this afternoon.

Its a 2003 6i. As for engine mods, the only thing I have is a CAI and I used to have magnaflows..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry I forgot to update, been busy with work and stuff. Mazda called me yesteday and told me that it needed a new alternator. So they overnighted it and it should arrive today. They said that my car would be done this afternoon.

Its a 2003 6i. As for engine mods, the only thing I have is a CAI and I used to have magnaflows..
[/b]

Its proven in the car consumer reports that the first year models of cars have much more problems with them compared to the newer years, its not just you, i've seen and heard alot of 03's having problems, over the years, mazda did improve, to where it isn't much of a problem anymore, just hope the warranty holds up, long enough so that you don't have any more problems in the future.... :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
When I had my '03, at just about damn near 34k or so my alternator went out. Car went into "safe mode" as the d ealer said. It was an ATX, locked itself in 3rd gear and no electronics worked. the car died after cruising around in 3rd gear for about 10min.

Funny thing is, we jumped it and got it home and started finding diffrent power sources for my foglights, HIDs Alarm and System were still hooked up to the battery so I was worried about w arrenty coverage, but my dealer loves my car so they fixed it anyway :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my car back on wednesday. I've had many problems with my car since i got it. But I have this extended warranty from AutoXtend that cover everything bumper to bumper till 5yrs/60k miles. Time will come soon to replace it. Maybe a speed6. How much could I get for my car??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts