Mazda 6 Forums banner

Found two MS6's already for sale...

5K views 79 replies 27 participants last post by  Nasos Abt 
#1 ·
Here in Cary NC I found two used MS6's on autotrader.com zip 27511. Both are sports with 5k miles or so, one is $23,988 the other $24,988. They sound like me trading before the first oil change.

#2 ·
seems to me like the price is way hight considering the rebates available. Are the new 2007's comming with the same incentives that the 2006's were?

#6 ·
well once the 2007's and 2006's are all sold we could very well see prices like this.

#8 ·
yeah i did lease mine, but barring any major problems with the car, I plan on keeping it. I only have a 2 year lease with 10.5k miles/year, but I don;t even drive that much so the mileage will be low on my car when it comes time to make a decision. If the cars are selling for around my buy out price I will keep the car. If it's worth more than that they are gonna need to pry it out of my hands :)

#11 ·
LOL show me a place that has a new 2006 speed6 for $19k. $22, $23, mabey.....

#12 ·
Some states were selling Mazdaspeed6's for $20,451 with extreme haggling in the southern states..

Have you seen the pricing thread people are getting 7000+ off of Msrp!!!

That alone already marks the price below used rate that they posted >_<

#13 ·
Other dealers don't know how much dealer cash Mazda has on these. Hopefully the money doesn't last long to keep our value back up. I could have bought one that stickered for $28,555 for $20,044 in Georgia. Apparently these Sports are worth $20-$21k on trade right now.

#15 ·
You are all correct, but realize the Mazda incentives have begun to evaporate. Supplies are going to become tight, for obvious reasons. To bring a recent example on what might happen, the Mazdaspeed Miatas are selling for more now used then what they did at the bottom pricing new.

#16 ·
without knowing it most of you guys killed the market yourselves by buying the cars so low. Obviously it's only right to try to get a car for as cheap as possible, but you're cars are already worth wayyyy less than you paid. You can't even get $18,000 if you tried to trade in your car today. Maybe less depending on trim and options. Hope you guys really plan on keeping the car for a long time.

#17 ·
without knowing it most of you guys killed the market yourselves by buying the cars so low. Obviously it's only right to try to get a car for as cheap as possible, but you're cars are already worth wayyyy less than you paid. You can't even get $18,000 if you tried to trade in your car today. Maybe less depending on trim and options. Hope you guys really plan on keeping the car for a long time.
[/b]

My mistake, you are saying I should have paid more? I did not set the sell price, the Mazda dealer did. Actually the market set the price. If you were paying attention, Carmax just offered someone more than recently advertised new pricing. The list price buyers are the one's that should be crying, but that is really nobodies fault but their own. Thank you for pointing out the errors in my logic ;).

#18 ·
[/b]

Good point. You also bought a car that very few people want (as is evidenced by the lack of sales). And to make matters worse, you bought this car from a manufacturer that is known for poor resale values across its entire fleet.

#19 ·
Good point. You also bought a car that very few people want (as is evidenced by the lack of sales). And to make matters worse, you bought this car from a manufacturer that is known for poor resale values across its entire fleet.
[/b]
If that were true then the 3rd Gen RX-7's wouldn't be going for around 15-20k in good condition. I've seen numerous mazdaspeed protoge's going for around 15k as well.

I did a check for speed6's in my area. 17 are still availble in the greater philly area. Albeit I think some of them are now 2007's.

#20 ·
As for the RX-7's go, the only reason they are even viable in todays market is because of the "tune-ability" and the aftermarket. If not for that it would be just another POS jap car from 1993. If the aftermarket for this car takes off as I predict these used car values should increase slightly as this because the sleeper tuner car of this decade. The market will still be small but the market will be knowledgeable and focused on getting this car because it can make sick power.

#21 ·
Since when has a Car been an appreciated asset?

As you know many people don't buy Cars thinking they are going to flip them for more money...
I am sure we all know the risk when purchasing this car, mainly it sounds to me like the one's who over paid on this car because they couldn't "WAIT" are taking in some sour grapes...

That's understandable though....Seriously listen to how some of you sound? Why not get the best deal possible and pay a hell of a lot less ?

#23 ·
Resale isn't based on your incentives, it's based on MSRP. When incentives are HUGE it's very hard to unload used in the private market.

But incientives will not be there forever. And also, cars do appreciate, but you have to wait 20 years for that to happen.

#24 ·
Resale isn't based on your incentives, it's based on MSRP. When incentives are HUGE it's very hard to unload used in the private market.

But incientives will not be there forever. And also, cars do appreciate, but you have to wait 20 years for that to happen.
[/b]
Exactly, people forgot how much this car would REALLY cost them without the incentives.....myself included unfortunately.
Cars do not appreciate...sorry I do not agree with you there.

20 years from now the Mazdaspeed6 will be considered junk...

#25 ·
Who knows about that? But there are plenty of cars that appreciate after they become classics. Evidence is there. I wasn't suggesting that the MS6 will do that, but just giving the fact.

#26 ·
I would have agreed with you in saying the Mazdaspeed6 would be a classic car If it had only came out in 2006.

Mazdaspeed has plans on coming with Mazdaspeed6 not only in 2007, but projected in 2009,2010+ after the 08 rebuild....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.