Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
544 Posts
Those rims look bad ass!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow, short of the pipe work, that FMIC is freaking hard to see. Ah well, I bought the car to be a sleeper, it appears it will be one even after that FMIC.

·
Registered
851 Posts
looks like it's got some sort of suspension drop also

·
Registered
778 Posts
They look like the stock wheels on a specB. However, I think these are a little darker.

·
Registered
820 Posts
That's a good idea coming through the fog covers like that, opens up the chance to have a nice wide core like that. I'd love to see an engine bay shot of that car!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mazda went with a TMIC just so they could stick the engine into these 3 cars without having too change much.
[/b]
It was also to reduce cost and to be able to bring the vehicles to Canada...

·
Registered
820 Posts
well, if mazda were smart, which they don't seem to be half of the time, they would release this as a mazdaspeed accessory. Guaranteed 50-60% of the MS6 owners would purchase it. this would also be the way to get around federally crash testing it because it would be considered and aftermarket accessory.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mazda held a track day for the MS3 at Laguna Seca a while back, and while reviewing the pictures I found some of the MS6 that Mazda had on hand....
[/b]
When you say Mazda, whoexactly are you referring to? Seems like a stupid question but I want to know if it is a certain division like Mazdaspeed, a certain dealer, etc. The reason I ask is to find out where this car is and what mods were done. Maybe I don't understand what track day for the MS3 means, but if they were showcasing the MS3 and other Mazdaspeed vehicles, they would be willing to share those details. Any way to find out?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
It was also to reduce cost and to be able to bring the vehicles to Canada...
[/b]
Yep... which is why seeing this MS6 and the CX-7 at SEMA make you think that the Mazda engineers really didn't want to do the TMIC, but got forced to. Either way... it's clear that a IC upgrade makes a big difference on this car and is an absolute must.

I do agree with the sentiment that Mazda should offer one as an aftermarket Mazdaspeed part. Oh well...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If mazda says the Cat back/CAI combo is worth 35 HP imagine what the CAI/TBE/Tuning combo will produce... WOW is all I can say... we can be looking at an additional 50-75HP, and solid gain from 2,000-6,000 for 1,500-2,000 bucks!

·
Registered
595 Posts
well, if mazda were smart, which they don't seem to be half of the time, they would release this as a mazdaspeed accessory. Guaranteed 50-60% of the MS6 owners would purchase it. this would also be the way to get around federally crash testing it because it would be considered and aftermarket accessory.
[/b]
I bet that not even 5% of all MS6 owners purchase a FMIC. That would be 250 people buying a front mount based on the 5000 2006 year production. Fact is, 90% of all people with a Speed 6 wont do one performance mod to their car at all, or even know that this website exhists. There are probably not even 100 Speed 6's on this board that post with any frequency.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts