Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work this evening I took my car to a car wash. When I arrived home I noticed a strange black plastic piece on the back seat. I'm guessing this piece is part of the car and the workers found it while vacuuming under the front seats.

The car is a 2016 GT.

Do any of you recognize this piece?

Thanks (and happy 2020!) .

·
Super Moderator
17,088 Posts
Looks like something that may clip to a seat rail down the the rear passenger footwell?
Or perhaps something that helps clip the carpet under the seat to part of the body?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I'll try to take a close look tonight and post back with whatever I figure out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks guys.

I'll try to take a close look tonight and post back with whatever I figure out.
Did you ever find out where that piece belongs ? I also found the same piece under my 2015 Mazda 6 drivers seat last night . Cant figure out where it goes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I've figured this out.

The piece looks like it exactly fits on the back of the seat tracks on the passenger front seat. Why the tracks on the driver-side differ from those on the passenger side, I have no idea.

Also I can't 100% confirm this because my car already appears to have the plastic pieces on both tracks, and the one I found is extra. The only explanation I can come up with is that I had the seat heaters repaired under warranty in October 2018 (I think), and maybe the person doing the work lost the plastic clip and used a new one when he re-installed the seats to the car, and then the car wash crew found the original piece when I had the car washed last month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts