Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently there was a problem with the PCM, Mazda sent a bulletin to all the Service depts. about it. They ended up having to reflash my computer in order for the check engine light to get fixed. just thought i'd pass this along to anyone elese who may have this problem

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Found out why my engine light was on

you wanna ear a funny one?

my dealer told me there is a bug on my remote and that it lights up my engine light sometimes when i unlock doors...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

that is a little funny, does it go off if you use the remote again?

·
Registered
376 Posts

nope! the dealer turned it off... and i still don't know why it was on... at least if it were more serious i hope they would have told me...

·
Registered
793 Posts

no shit i had the same thing they said if someone hits the unlock button to many times it does that.. they had to reflash the pcm

·
Registered
376 Posts

good to know my dealer didn't take me for stupid! :D but still, computers in cars do things we cannot understand these days... :D

·
Registered
30 Posts

My engine light came on two weeks ago @ 2800 miles. Local dealer said it is my "Throttle control module?". Said they had to put the part on order. My engine light continues to come on periodically.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

My dealer warned me that the check engine light has a habit of lighting up from any minor / split second change in the fuel air mixture and that I should just bring it back and have it reset if it does it. Kinda annoying though.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Found out why my engine light was on'

Originally posted by Who am I

So it is safe to drive if the engine light is on???[/b]
Yes. And No. It all depends on the sound your engine is making when it's on. If it comes on and you notice even a small difference in the way the car sounds/drives bring it straight to your dealer. if nothing changes, it's a decent chance it's not a pressing issue, but I still wouldn't suggest going to far until you have it checked out. The attitude "What the hell, it's still under warrantee if it breaks" doesn't help someone stuck on the side of the road in the middle of the night, or hundreds of miles from home. Although, we do have 24/7 road side assistance. Let's test their reponse time. ;)

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts