Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever do something stupid like this? well i did a few months ago when i decided to add oil to my car but forgot to put the cap back on. so there i was 30 mins later driving onto the free way :drive: when i smelled burning oil. i though damn i musta spilled some oil on the engine. a few mins after that thought and i acually started seeing smoke come out of my hood. got off the free way pulled into a parking lot opened the hood and smacked myself :slap: because i forgot to put the dam cap back on. so anywho i never found it couse i thought it was a goner so i got a replacement one from the dealership. well today i did the conversion cartridge oil filter to spin on and guess what popped out from behind the plastic bottom engine cover?? my old oil cap yay! heh now i got a spare one in case i pull something like that again. im kinda surprised it stayed there for so long.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lol... Oh i so would not have shared this if i had done it :). Lol, jk.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
your engine has to be a mess...how much oil did you lose?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it wasn't too bad.the egine cover blocked most of the oil that spewed out but it did loose a good amount of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
koy boy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing