Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RF Punch 801s.
I have 2 10" 2 0hm DVC's.

According to most wiring apps., I can get either .5 ohm/ 2ohm/ or 8ohm with two subs.
OR 1 ohm/ 4 ohm with running a sub on each output of the amp.

How can I get the most out of this amp?

800x1 @ 4ohm bridged
400x2 @ 2ohm
200x2 @ 4ohm

I think I messed up by getting 2ohm DVC's instead of 4 ohm DVC's. Please give me some advice short of dumping them and getting the 4 ohm dvc's. i already had these subs for a while and they pound pretty good. Had them wired to a power 800.2 which is 1ohm stable...I believe the Punch 801s is only 2 ohm stable. Hence my problem

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a RF Punch 801s.
I have 2 10" 2 0hm DVC's.

According to most wiring apps., I can get either .5 ohm/ 2ohm/ or 8ohm with two subs.
OR 1 ohm/ 4 ohm with running a sub on each output of the amp.

How can I get the most out of this amp?

800x1 @ 4ohm bridged
400x2 @ 2ohm
200x2 @ 4ohm

I think I messed up by getting 2ohm DVC's instead of 4 ohm DVC's. Please give me some advice short of dumping them and getting the 4 ohm dvc's. i already had these subs for a while and they pound pretty good. Had them wired to a power 800.2 which is 1ohm stable...I believe the Punch 801s is only 2 ohm stable. Hence my problem

Thanks in Advance
[/b]
You want to run 1 channel to each sub to get the most out of you amp. Just make sure your signal is mono coming into the amp from your source.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When tapping the bose amplifier(under seat), for the subout, this should be a mono connection right? So I want to run the speakers in a 4ohm configuration then?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts