Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many people doubted my ability when I told them I was rebuilding a mazda in my garage. and they were right, i needed help with organization, motivation, and attention to detail, Honest to god I didn't know what mindset I needed to do it but I learned a lot. I gotta thank my dad for helping me through this the experiences I had working with him will mold me forever, but I digress. Going I got the 6Zilla (AKA: The mazdarati) running day before yesterday. the wiesco pistons and eagle rods leave me doubtfull of a power gain but the strength of the engine will show when boost comes. the car runs just like it did before except a little idle issue caused by the intake runner flaps being suck open due to me breaking the plugin. the car runs fantastic it rev's out and sounds really nice with my hacked cold air (i understand theirs no power gain but it sounds a lot more throaty and makes wooshy noises) If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer some of the difficulties I went through.

I've owned this car for about 2 years and I hope I own it for 20 more. she deserves a real paint job and a turbo but she needs new shoes and a coil over kit first then i'm gonna take her to an SCCA auto cross. ill keep you updated on how she runs over the next 204,647 miles

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it blew the fuck up

29X miles of glory sticking to the road and feeling better than i ever have feeling achievement bewilderment and pleasure was ended by a faulty oil pump, it fucking fell apart while i was driving and killed my rod bearings, well lah de dah isn't that wonderful... getting in contact with the company right now... super unhappy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts