Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't heard this, there's an interesting bit of news on Edmunds. The Feds are going to mandate Stability Control on all vehicles by 2010. Ford announced that it will comply early. I wonder whether Ford is going to drag Mazda along on this, which might mean a SC equipped revised Mazda 6 sooner rather than later.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=116798

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I don't want stability control, tire pressure sensors, of any of the new mandated crap. This sucks. As cars get better, they're getting worse.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't want stability control, tire pressure sensors, of any of the new mandated crap. This sucks. As cars get better, they're getting worse.
[/b]
+1. Not only do we get crap we don't want and shouldn't need, we'll obviously have to pay for it too.

eff the NHSTA and the IIHS.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1. Not only do we get crap we don't want and shouldn't need, we'll obviously have to pay for it too.

eff the NHSTA and the IIHS.
[/b]
As a Wisconsin winter-weather 80-mile-a-day commuter I wouldn't mind SC on my next car; you and Stretch would rather it be an option. I'm afraid consumers like you will have to grin [growl] and bear it; It will be a mandate I'm afraid...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
how about having a meter on the car that records how many time we use the VSC and then pay the usage toll monthly (or annually)?

·
Registered
531 Posts
[/b]
I agree, more stuff to break.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you only need this car..........

[/b]
I actually loved the M/Minor when I lived in the UK. Can't remember if they were prone to rollovers. If so, perhaps ESC can be retrofitted... :) Jot that one down as the nuttiest thought of the day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts