Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of a Mazda 6 with (at least 17") wheels from a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury

Vito

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
This is my 6i with 16" Mazda3 alloys and winter tires on it...

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Milan, Fusion, Five hundred, and Freestyle rims fit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think people are missing the point, looking for PICS of the Mazda 6 with Ford/Lincoln/Mercury rims (i.e. non-Mazda) in at least a 17" size. And I question if the Five Hundred/Freestyle rims would work as that car is based on a Vovlo platform, not the Mazda 6

Thanks

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I think people are missing the point, looking for PICS of the Mazda 6 with Ford/Lincoln/Mercury rims (i.e. non-Mazda) in at least a 17" size. And I question if the Five Hundred/Freestyle rims would work as that car is based on a Vovlo platform, not the Mazda 6

[/b]
Usually, ppl don't use OEM wheels from other makers on their cars, because they look stupid. :nono:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am looking at options for winter use. Thanks for your non-help

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am looking at options for winter use. Thanks for your non-help

Vito
[/b]
You list in your car's description the 17" OEM wheels for winter use-since you have the RX-8 wheels for summer, just spend your money on winter tires and use the OEM rims for them. Yes. it won't look as different but it is only for the winter months.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Let me clarify. Yes I use my stock rolling stock for winter months. I currently have a bump in one of the sidewalls from I guess a pothole and need to replace that tire soon. My options as I see it are

Buy a replacement Michilen for $200ish (not worth it to me as these tires suck)
Find a "good value" set of tires on TireRack or similar place to mount on my OEM 17's
Find a deal on some take-off wheels and/or tires off ebay then sell my 17's if I get both wheels and tires

That being said, anyone have pics of a Mazda 6 with (at least 17") wheels from a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury. I was curious as these as an option for a different look (I think the Fusion and Zepher wheels are machine finished) and would like to see pics.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I found my set of 16" Mazda3 wheels from EBay for $330 shipped then got a set of snow tires for $150 on here that someone was selling for mine. The snows I have are called Semperit, I've never heard of them before. So far, I've only used them in rain and they have really good traction. It hasn't snowed here yet this season.

Buying winter tires for the 17s is going to be more expensive than doing so for 16s. You could buy 16" steel wheels and OEM 6 wheel covers then sell your OEM 17s. I sold my OEM 17s and bought MazdaSpeed wheels and the MZ3 wheels for winter. Someone was selling OEM 16" alloys right here in the Buy/Sell section not too long ago, that's another possible option.

The cheapest option would be to buy 2 cheap all-season tires from TireRack instead of Michelins. As long as you replace 2 on the same axle, you're ok and wouldn't have to buy all 4 tires. I had a brand called Avon on my previous car, and they provided very good snow/rain traction, but it doesn't snow that much in MD. I only got dedicated winter tires this time because I found a good deal.

I've never seen anyone with OEM wheels from other makes on their car. Because the maker's moniker is usually on the wheel's center, it makes the car look pieced together. I think it looks tacky, but that's just my opinion of course.

Good luck with your winter tire dilemma.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I found my set of 16" Mazda3 wheels from EBay for $330 shipped then got a set of snow tires for $150 on here that someone was selling for mine. The snows I have are called Semperit, I've never heard of them before. So far, I've only used them in rain and they have really good traction. It hasn't snowed here yet this season.

Buying winter tires for the 17s is going to be more expensive than doing so for 16s. You could buy 16" steel wheels and OEM 6 wheel covers then sell your OEM 17s. I sold my OEM 17s and bought MazdaSpeed wheels and the MZ3 wheels for winter. Someone was selling OEM 16" alloys right here in the Buy/Sell section not too long ago, that's another possible option.

The cheapest option would be to buy 2 cheap all-season tires from TireRack instead of Michelins. As long as you replace 2 on the same axle, you're ok and wouldn't have to buy all 4 tires. I had a brand called Avon on my previous car, and they provided very good snow/rain traction, but it doesn't snow that much in MD. I only got dedicated winter tires this time because I found a good deal.

I've never seen anyone with OEM wheels from other makes on their car. Because the maker's moniker is usually on the wheel's center, it makes the car look pieced together. I think it looks tacky, but that's just my opinion of course.

Good luck with your winter tire dilemma.
[/b]
Tires in 17s are not going to be that more expensive than 16s if you shop wisely. Small extra cost worth it as I personally think 16s look cheap on our cars (steel wheels and hub caps even more so). I am not dealing with hardcore snow conditions. Just want something to get me around in winter that looks good (and maybe different) and keeps my 18s safe in the garage from potholes until spring. The Ford/Lincoln/Mercury option was just an idea for a different look

May look into the 2 tire option, but was never comfortable mixing tires.

With platform sharing, the wheel ceter caps are really a non issue. A lot pop out and can (would) be swapped. If not they can (would) be modified to remove the emblem

I was curious as the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury wheels as an option for a different look (I think the Fusion and Zepher wheels are machine finished) and would have liked to see pics. Guess at this point it is not going to happen. If you have them please post them. If not, nevermind as, to be honest, all this back an forth does nothing for me

[/b]

Also, on my last car (2000 Honda Passport), it came with 16" rims. I swapped them out with 17s from and Isuzu Axiom. As they shared platforms, the center caps were also swappable and they looked stock (not pieced together or tacky)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You could always try photo-chopping a pic with F/L/M wheels...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.