Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe my eyes. A beautiful red Ford GT with white stripes drove by me today going the opposite direction. Damn that car is sexy! The driver rolled by me kinda slow because he was approaching a red light. He gave it a little blip of the throttle just as he passed - "whooom!". That beast sounds mean!

It looked just like this one:

:drool:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Saw my first one on St Paddy's day down in Five Points here in Columbia, SC. I think it was that titanium edition or whatever, light grey with darker grey stripes. That throttle blip was orgasmic.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
This summer I'm taking one out for a whole day! (Short explanation: it was a joining "bonus" for a car club here.) Red with white stripes. Got a ride in it through downtown manhattan a few weeks ago, and it's fricking amazingly fast.

"Fast" isn't even the right word... I think "warp" is more applicable. :D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
There's one in my condo... It's got the "speed racer" style paint job.. (The original light blue with orange stripe)...

I've never gotten the chance to actually see it run as of yet... It eludes me... Everytime I go to my parking garage, it's sometimes there, sometimes it's not...

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
We saw a gray GT drive by during our Bucks County, PA fun run.

The blue/orange paint scheme is the heritage paint scheme that harkens back to the Gulf oil sponsored GT40's that were victorious in Le Mans. Here are some pics I took from the NY Int'l Auto Show:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I was driving behind one after leaving mcdonalds last week. I pulled up next to it and took it off the line and then continued to stay ahead of it all the way home. Keep in mind he was doing about 20 mph not a tick more. He was dropping it off at shoreline wheels whcih is in walking distance from the house. The car is damn sweet. The guy pulled up the driveway extremly slow as to not hurt a thing. Had paper plates.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
The Auto Expo this past winter had a blue-striped over white GT in the Ford display area. Of course, the doors and hood were bolted closed, but you could get up close.

It was the first time I actually saw a window sticker with an MSRP of over $150,000!! :)

Has anyone seen the targa version?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Two summers ago I got to see some VP driving one in a parking lot. It was at an SAE Formula competition so it was suprising that he was there. Anyway, I want to slap the shit out of him because he was doing burnouts and doughnuts and frying the clutch! :slap:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It's funny how this thread popped up today. Yesterday driving to get some dinner, my wife was talking to me about our new house. I was listening up to the point until I saw the Ford GT. I thought, dang that thing is wide, sits low but beautiful. It was black too. The next thing I hear is "Are you listening to me???" I was like "huh?? what???". Got my complete attention. haha...

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
It's funny how this thread popped up today. Yesterday driving to get some dinner, my wife was talking to me about our new house. I was listening up to the point until I saw the Ford GT. I thought, dang that thing is wide, sits low but beautiful. It was black too. The next thing I hear is "Are you listening to me???" I was like "huh?? what???". Got my complete attention. haha...
[/b]
If it's anything like listening to my wife, one can easily get distracted. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
Mz6GreyGhost
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing