Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford announced earlier this year that it would be cancelling virtually all of its passenger car models except for the Mustang. That same report also listed a Ford Focus based sportwagon. The latest update now has the Ford Fusion as the basis for a "Subaru Outback Fighter". Don't expect a Fusion Active wagon for at least a couple of more years, but reports now suggest that it would be sold alongside the previously rumored Focus Active wagon around 2020.

That gives you TWO YEARS to get your $%#@ together and bring us a 6 wagon, Mazda!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, color me interested. Even if it comes here, it has about a zero percent chance of coming in a manual. But it could make a good car "for the wife."

·
Registered
520 Posts
and people will still buy an Edge or an Escape over a Fusion Wagon. The Buick Regal Tourx looks like a nice vehicle, but i bet GM is not even hitting 4 digit sales figures and Buick will soon kill it off. Its just that we are addicted to cheap gas and SUVs and that trend will continue until gas hits $4.50 again. After years and years of pleading and begging Ford finally launched the Focus ST and Fiesta ST stateside, and what did we do ? We completely neglected those cars and Ford is killing them off after just 1 generation. If Ford's strategy works, then i see other following soon. Subaru wagons sell because of Subaru-ism, its more of a cult then a car brand for Subaru lovers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
MazdaMetalhead
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing