Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is probably a little premature... but I'm wondering, Nikolas, if you have heard or are even planning on creating your own forced induction unit. And if you've heard anything, will it be for the I4 only for will there be a V6 version too?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Forced Induction'

All I can say right now is that we are VERY interested in making our own forced induction kits for both the I4 and the V6 models. Which we will produce first, what it will be, all of the specifics, etc........i dont know... All of that will become clearer over the next 2-4 months.

I do know that we are going to focus on natural aspiration upgrades first, and then once we have that taken care of, then look at forced induction. So the sooner we get a 2.3L in the shop for intake, header, and exhaust mods..then we can go on with our turbo kit. Same goes for the V6....but now that my wife is seriously considering trading in her Protege5 for a V6 Mazda6, the forced induction plans might get spead up a little bit for that model.... :)

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Forced Induction

Good, V6 is all i care about :)

·
Registered
6 Posts

I think the Kenne Bell supercharger for the Duratec is the closes thing to forced induction right now. They will more than likely have no problems adapting that system to the mazda 6. Keep an eye out for it!

Peace

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Forced Induction

Well, with the 2.3l engine coming soon to the Focus and Protege, my vote goes there.

Oh, that and I own the 2.3l '6 :)

·
Registered
178 Posts

I think that the v6 will get huge gains from a forced induction system. It is a good platform. I would go with a supercharger if it was able to fit rather then a turbo. I know it will not make as much power but I think they are more reliable that a turbo.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts