Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
so when do you guys hear backpressure pops in your car? i have 3 inch exhaust the only time i really hear backpressure popping is if in low in rpms and just cruising and then let off, like 1500-2000 rpm.
i also hear CRAZY popping when i shift fast in high rpm from 2-3. it sounds amazing. i'll bring second to like 6200, and then shift fast, get back into it, and all i hear it pop pop pop. i reallly only heard it the other day for the fist time while going through a tunnel. it sounded awesome.

do you guys get any sound like that??

·
Registered
147 Posts
What kind of exaust you have installed?
is it loud?

I'm shopping around for exaust system but have not decided yet

·
Registered
578 Posts
my cp-e exhaust does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of exaust you have installed?
is it loud?

I'm shopping around for exaust system but have not decided yet
[/b]
its custom 3 in. exhaust. there are vids up of the exhaust on the board. its under the thread "exhaust is done.. vids are up." you can listen to the vid there

so cp-e exhaust dos that same sound too? thats cool.. i love the sound, it didnt do it right when i got the exhaust done afew weeks ago

·
Registered
820 Posts
it's because now you're running even richer than before and the popping is all the extra unburnt fuel. If you did a PCM reset by disconnecting the battery for a while then resetting the fuel trims it wouldn't do it again for a while.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's because now you're running even richer than before and the popping is all the extra unburnt fuel. If you did a PCM reset by disconnecting the battery for a while then resetting the fuel trims it wouldn't do it again for a while.
[/b]

why would i be running even more rich now.? i dont get how installing exhaust makes a car run richer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts