Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, were you able to negotiate price before hand, or simply pay the MSRP based on what you ordered?

:sarc

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: For those who ordered their 6

I got a print out. A little less than MSRP, but I had connections :)

I requested the 15th of May. It's not being driven in snow. I could have had it the first week of May though. Turn around time is 8 weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I was told 6-8 weeks and I got S-plan pricing. It's since been about a month, so I should theoretically have my within another month, but who knows.

·
Registered
628 Posts

S-Plan here as well. I was also told 6-8 weeks and we are going into week 7. I called the dealer 2 weeks ago and he tole me that it was not even scheduled to be built until March, so perhaps the end of march/early april. So the wait has turned into 9-11 weeks :(

·
Registered
526 Posts

Ordered in early December, delivered mid-February. Ended up about 10 weeks.

I had the S-plan, so pricing was the easiest part of the transaction.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Reading Topic: For t

Ordered first day of February was told first week in April.

MSRP was best I could do because people here are paying mark ups for ones in stock, and the allocations for the 6S with 5speed Manual are very low.

Edit: Mine is a Glacier Silver 6s 5 speed manual, Sport Package, Bose Audio Package

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Though I didn't go this route, there was a dealer here in the area that honored buying service prices. Basically $400 over invoice, but time to delivery after order was 12+ weeks (even as much as 18 based on what they said). I chose to pay a bit more to get it earlier (should be here in about 10 days or so).

BTW, this is for a 5-spd 6s lapis blue w/ sport, bose, comfort, leather, moonroof, side airbags.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Replying to Topic 'For those who ordered their 6'

16 weeks....

Able to negotiate price and amount of deposit. Dealer wanted $2500 to place order. I told him he was smoking crack and I would give him $500... he said OK :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by mxtheory

I was told 6-8 weeks and I got S-plan pricing.  It's since been about a month, so I should theoretically have my within another month, but who knows.[/b]
Did they offer you S plan pricing, or was it based on an affiliation with Mazda/Ford/Etc.?

·
Registered
170 Posts

I ordered on 1/10/03, and was told 60-90 days. I called the dealership yesterday to see what the deal was, and they said it was scheduled to be built week 4 of March.

Does anyone know how long it takes to build one from the day they start it to the day its done? I would think its a one day process.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Some info. is in my signature below.

I am guessing the late April date I was given is not really a quote but a QUOTE
Let's give him a date that won't be too depressing and hope like hell[/b]

I negotiated the inclusion of several options in the base price. No big deal but better than MSRP.

Now we sit and wait... :zzz :zzz :zzz

·
Registered
15 Posts

I ordered mine two weeks ago. Dealer said it would be here end of April, maybe May...so about 2 months. The wait is agonizing....there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that car.

I got it for $250 over invoice. It's a glacier silver 6 s with sport and automatic.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I ordered mine on 1/21/03. Mazda took the order in the February allocaiton. My sales guy told me that Mazda slated it to be done the last week of March, but he figures that they will be a couple of weeks late. I went on Mazda USA's website yesterday and noticed that my car shows in my dealerships inventory. From experience, this means that the car is max, 3-4 weeks away which puts it into the first week of April. Part that sucks for me is that I have to travel to VT for two weeks straight right around that point, so my car will probably be in, at the dealership, but I wont be able to take delivery until late April.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts