Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my car to get tinted. The tint job is shit. There's bubbles (it's been 4 days), a huge fiber under passenger side, a hair on the rear, and gouges in one of the rear ones.

I'm going to bring it back and ask for my money back and have them remove the tint, and take it to the shop I had it done in the first place.

Two question

a) Will they damage my rear defroster lines?
b) There's a huge, long, scratch on my rear window that runs along the whole top almost, about 3 inches down. Did they use my fucking rear window as a cutting board or something?! Has anyone else had this happen, or is this a known shortcut for tinters or something?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Good old canada for ya, Australians are amazing at doing tints go to one up there if there are any in your area

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop I did my last car at did a flawless job. Shouldn't of used this fucking coupon at Ziebart.

·
Registered
905 Posts
alot of tint shops will cut the tint to size and shape it right on the exterior of the windows. they did on my car but my car came out fine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
chances are they wont take off your tint for you. Most places charge close to double to remove tint. They will probably try to repair it for you or retint it.

The rear defrost is tempermental depending on which method they use to remove it. Vinegar and water with a heat gun usually works, but makes your car smell like shit. If they are angry, the might get overly agressive with a razor blade.

my tint has a few little scratches and some tiny bubbles...but not enough that it bothers me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alot of tint shops will cut the tint to size and shape it right on the exterior of the windows. they did on my car but my car came out fine.
[/b]
Figures. :swearin: Next job I'll ask them not to use my glass as a cutting job. Yeah, I wouldn't care if it didn't gash my windows, but it did.

chances are they wont take off your tint for you. Most places charge close to double to remove tint. They will probably try to repair it for you or retint it.

The rear defrost is tempermental depending on which method they use to remove it. Vinegar and water with a heat gun usually works, but makes your car smell like shit. If they are angry, the might get overly agressive with a razor blade.

my tint has a few little scratches and some tiny bubbles...but not enough that it bothers me.

Good luck.
[/b]
My tint has insane bubbling. One window is definately not repairable.

If they're removing the tint halfway down the window to take that hair out there's not much difference between that and removing the tint :(

Argh what a frigging headache.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
sorry for your shit luck. any reputable shop with a warranty should stand by their work. i would rationalize with them first and see if they can make it right. if that doesn't work out try calling BBB, or if you paid with a credit card fight the charge.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I guess living here in CA., I've been spoiled with awesome tint shops. I've never had issues with bubbles. I can't believe a tint shop could stay in business doing crappy work like that. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I would try talking with them kindly, you don't want to go in pisssed off and then let them have your car. I hope you get things worked out. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i noticed two hairs under my drivers side window, so i asked my tint shop if they could get them out and the owner was more than happy to re tint it for free, find a good shop and they'll treat you right

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My issue is, if they can't do the tint in the first place, should I really be trusting them to take off the tint? And spill ammonia all over my leather?

My plan of action, is to take pictures of all the tint first. Then go in, show it to the manager, and tell them I'd be happier just getting my money back and having them remove the tint and going elsewhere.

If worse comes to worse, I miiight accept just a refund, but have to deal with removing the tint myself.

If they refuse to do anything, I'll see them in small claims, sue them for the cost of tint and cost of tint removal by a shop.

Sure, I could have them re-do it, but why. They've proven they can't tint for crap, why do I want to return to them a 2nd time at least, and then possibly a 3rd or fourth down the road?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would get a refund and have them remove the tint. I wouldn't let them do it again, since they screwed it up the first time. If you just recently got your windows tinted, I probably wouldn't worry too much about them using the razor blades aggressively on your rear window, because the glue hasn't had enough time to really dry up and make it a huge pain to remove. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
amy504
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing