Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder if those of you that dropped the car more than and 1.5 inches, does the RX8 wheels rub at all and did you need fender rolling?

I know there is a 10 mm difference in offset.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Just wonder if those of you that dropped the car more than and 1.5 inches, does the RX8 wheels rub at all and did you need fender rolling?

I know there is a 10 mm difference in offset.
[/b]
i dont have them, but i think most people roll there fenders even if they dont have a drop, so to be safe i think you should roll them no matter what.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yep, also it's more than just a 10mm difference in offset, they are also an inch wider which means another 12-13mm for a total of 22-23mm the wheel will stick out over stock wheels.

They come close enough to the fenders that tire brand/model/size as well as what camber setting your car is at will determine whether it will rub without a roll.

BTW this is a huge newbie question.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its a newbie question, that means it was discussed. If that was the case, then search button would've posted results.

·
Registered
814 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it. :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks to me I'm gonna need to roll th rear fenders. I'm sitting on Sportlines so its definetly sounds like its gonna rub. With the trunk weighed down, I get some tire tuck in the back.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Depends on tires... most people with Falken tires don't roll...

Remember, even if tire sizes are the same, they are not all the same size :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
'04 sedan v6 w/ mazdaspeed 5dr springs, rx-8 wheels running 225/40/18 potenza re040 w/ 10" woofer in trunk

couldn't even make it past a small speed bump without rubbing at like 5mph, it was with 2 avg weight people, sounded awful too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts