Mazda 6 Forums banner

For those of you who ? the MPG ratings

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  badtlc 
#1 ·
The truth will be exposed, and that is that the EPA ratings of most if not all cars is WAY THE HELL OFF.

I just love getting 20-21 MPG out of my 6s auto that was rated for 21 city and 27 hwy. :swearin:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16157238/

#3 ·
i've had three m6's
2004 M6s MTX - 23 mixed & 28 on long trips
2005 M6s ATX - 24 mixed & 30 on long trips
2006 MS6 - 23 mixed & 30 on long trips

i've been surprised by the mileage, especailly the MS6 on a trip this summer 830miles each way @ 30 mpg.

i drive rather spirited every day and still get at least 22 mpg. my miles are evenly split city/hwy.

#4 ·
I get advertised ratings in the city or +1, and close to advertised on the highway. But, only if its non ethanol.

#5 ·
I get advertised ratings in the city or +1, and close to advertised on the highway. But, only if its non ethanol.
[/b]
I'm pretty close. I typically get the advertised city mpg +/-0.5mpg and right at the highway mpg for full highway (long trips).

My current city average is about 19.4mpg overall.

#7 ·
I'm averaging 23 mpg. Not much city driving but when I saw the avertised 19/25 on the window sticker, I knew in reality maybe 21-23mpg combined, so I'm pretty happy considering coming from an RX-8.

#9 ·
I typically get around 24mpg.

I defintely get lower gas milage during the winter driving months than I get during the summer drivnbg months. During the summer I usually get 25 mpg, but during the winter months I get about 23 mpg.

I seem to be getting crappy MPG now that the winter ethanol fuel is out. Any truth in this?
[/b]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.