Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EBC Part numbers for the Mazdaspeed 6
-Fronts Only-
Green Stuff - DP21773
Red Stuff - DP31773C
Yellow Stuff - DP41773R

Mazda6online carries Green Stuff for the cheapest at $60 for the fronts. If you want the Red or Yellow you'll have to go somewhere else and they usually are $90 for red $100 for yellow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
EBC Part numbers for the Mazdaspeed 6
-Fronts Only-
Green Stuff - DP21773
Red Stuff - DP31773C
Yellow Stuff - DP41773R

Mazda6online carries Green Stuff for the cheapest at $60 for the fronts. If you want the Red or Yellow you'll have to go somewhere else and they usually are $90 for red $100 for yellow.
[/b]
whats the green stuff?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Green stuff is what you want for street use. Red and yellow don't brake at all untill they are up to temperature and they squeel alot. You will most likely have an accident your first time on the road with red or yellow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
my breaks are almost over , so i will need some ...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Green stuff is what you want for street use. Red and yellow don't brake at all untill they are up to temperature and they squeel alot. You will most likely have an accident your first time on the road with red or yellow.
[/b]
Not sure where you have heard that but there are plenty people who use the reds daily with no problems. Ya they work better once warmed up but you make it sound like you cant stop at all when they are cold. The yellows I thought were supposed to be the best of both worlds. Excellent stopping power and resistance to heat but also still has good braking when cold. Only, they dust close to what the stock does where as the reds are supposed to be like 50% less dust. But, the yellows make a lot of noise, the reds dont.

Just curious as I've never heard of someone having that much of a problem stopping with the reds when cold.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well, I should receive the FIRST set of EBC Redstuff DP31773C shipped stateside next week!

I have been chasing these down, since I found out that EBC had a part number for them 5 months ago!

I have been in communication with EBC UK's CEO and he had a set made for me then finally shipped to Brakes R Us.

If you want a set contact this guy:

Bill Wyss
Brakes R Us
[email protected]
www.Brakesrus.com
Tel: 866-882-7253
Fax: 818-833-9426

I don't know how many sets were shipped, but it didn't sound like many.

I have had excellent results with EBCs in the past (Greenstuff) on my Audi A4, but poor results with the same formula on my Toyota Highlander. The set on the Audi keep the wheels fairly dust free and were still at 6 mm after 95,000 miles or highway driving. The set on the Toyota lasted about 35,000 miles and dusted just as bad as the OEM pads. :(

The Redstuff is a ceramic based formula and as such will have high heat properties and low dusting. I have ceramics type on my Highlander with some drilled rotors for over 20,000 miles now and I almost never have any dust to clean and the pads are still at 7mm. :love:

I will post a review once I get them installed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
A buddy of mine with a tuned MSP has GreenStuff pads and they seem to fade really bad. We were doing some runs and at one point his brake fade was so bad the car almost wouldnt stop, and when it did there was a big cloud of smoke. And my stock brakes were still grabbing hard without fade. Maybe its the 12" rotors *shrug*

·
Registered
81 Posts
I understand the desire to try different parts just to try them, but other than dust, what exactly is anyone's complaint with the Speed6 brakes? I've owned 24 different vehicles, and the brakes on this thing are beyond awesome. I haven't autoX'd the car yet, but I haven't heard of anyone complaining about issues at the track, either.

Is it just the dust that bothers people?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I understand the desire to try different parts just to try them, but other than dust, what exactly is anyone's complaint with the Speed6 brakes? I've owned 24 different vehicles, and the brakes on this thing are beyond awesome. I haven't autoX'd the car yet, but I haven't heard of anyone complaining about issues at the track, either.

Is it just the dust that bothers people?
[/b]
I was thinking of trying the greenstuff's to help some of the brake dusting. But I agree with the above poster, the speed6's brakes are very good, for agressive street use at least. If they're going to produce anything less than OEM pad performance, I'm not really interested.

I might as well just keep on cleaning the wheels.

The forst 2 times I cleaned the wheels were at about 100 and 200 miles. Then for the heck of it I tried some polish I use for my motorcycle called Plexus, the wheels stayed notcieably cleaner, and after another 300 miles they look like the first 100 miles only. SO mabey you guys might wanna try some of that os probably anything you can find similar like s100, plexus, honda spray polish, probably quick detailers too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my breaks are almost over , so i will need some ...
[/b]

p5freek,

I put the EBC Green Pads on my Acura 3.2 TL TYPE S and as far as I'm concerned they were incredible.
They hauled the car down way faster than the stock pads and I mean a lot faster, there was hardly any brake dust from them. The only problem was that they were a little louder than the stock pads, but with the increased performance I really didn't care. The only time you really noticed it was when you were braking really hard. Make sure you've got your seatbelt on and tight if you try them out or you'll be the new Mazdaspeed 6 hood ornament.................Just kidding, but they're good....... :yesnod: ........Highly Recommended.

I can't even imagine how good they'll be on the Speed which does 70-0 mph in 155 feet with the stock pads........that's Lamborgini, Porsche, Ferrari and Corvette Z06 territory already. That really didn't mean much to me when I first saw the figures, but when I looked in the back of Car and Driver and found there
was only seven (7) cars that could equal that performance, I was very impressed.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive: PS: p5 aren't you going to go to the track anymore this year, we really miss your
videos. With this nice cool weather you're car will even be stronger.

·
Registered
167 Posts
p5freek,

I put the EBC Green Pads on my Acura 3.2 TL TYPE S and as far as I'm concerned they were incredible.
They hauled the car down way faster than the stock pads and I mean a lot faster, there was hardly any brake dust from them. The only problem was that they were a little louder than the stock pads, but with the increased performance I really didn't care. The only time you really noticed it was when you were braking really hard. Make sure you've got your seatbelt on and tight if you try them out or you'll be the new Mazdaspeed 6 hood ornament.................Just kidding, but they're good....... :yesnod: ........Highly Recommended.

I can't even imagine how good they'll be on the Speed which does 70-0 mph in 155 feet with the stock pads........that's Lamborgini, Porsche, Ferrari and Corvette Z06 territory already. That really didn't mean much to me when I first saw the figures, but when I looked in the back of Car and Driver and found there
was only seven (7) cars that could equal that performance, I was very impressed.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive: PS: p5 aren't you going to go to the track anymore this year, we really miss your
videos. With this nice cool weather you're car will even be stronger.
[/b]

p5freek,

I just wanted to add that I was really impressed with the EBC Green on the Acura but I'm not sure if you'll see that kind of performance on the Speed which already has great brakes. Otherwise the Speed will stop
in record distance from 70-0 mph. We shall see, because I'll probably put them on my car also, but more to get rid of that bloody brake dust...............man they must be soft pads. :yesnod:

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The stock brakes are fine for everything short of extended road racing. I recently competed in a local Porsche Club event held at an unused military air base. The course is long (about 1 mile per lap), fast (top speed of over 100 mph) and designed to use Porsche brakes to their fullest extent (2 hard stops per lap). Each run is two laps and three runs are done essentially back-to-back.

Result: I beat most of the Boxsters out there and a Cayman (a GT3 and a modified 300ZX TT did soundly trounce me though) and experienced ZERO brake fade.

Change the pads at your own peril. I don't think you'll beat the factory set-up for street/light track use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts