Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a set of Mazda 6 OEM 17X7 Wheels. They have some curb damage but no bends or cracks. Great for a set of winter tires without going steel and keeping a stock look. Asking $250 plus shipping.

Sorry about the wheels being dirty but here are the pics:

PM me, or I have AIM and yahoo:

Vanover21 - AIM
tight_mazda6 - Yahoo!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
omg im surprised no input on this yet. Thats like a record.

Edit: Nvm, its without tires. [still a good deal though]

Free bump!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry if this post is inappropriate, but just a word of advice;

I would clean the wheels before you ship them. I bought a set of RX8 wheels from someone on ebay, they were listed as "perfect, without ANY blemishes" but when I got them they looked like someone had taken a brillo pad to them. You could tell that the dirt acted like sandpaper on the finish while they were in the box - even though they were well packed they were pretty much ruined because the finish was completely dulled.

I eventually got my money back, but the person that sold them to me could have avoided the whole mess with a 5 minute wash.

again, my appologies for hijacking your thread, but thought I'd pass along the valuable lesson I learned.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
One good thing to think about is to clean the wheels very well, then put a coat of wax on them. I did that with my stock wheels before I sold them, and they looked brand new with 12k miles on them. They also clean up alot easier as well, since the wax acts like a barrier to the brake dust.

You need to make sure you clean them VERY well though before waxing, otherwise you will grind the dirt into the surface and mess up the clearcoat on them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never said these wheels were in near perfect condition. And Even if I wash and wax these, you'll still see the curb rash. I am just throwing these out there as a last minute winter wheel for anyone in the market. There are no bends or cracks. I work full time for the army and go to school every night. I don't have a lot of time to try and make these wheels look like new. I am just trying to cut someone a deal, who wants a oem set of wheels in great physical condition, just with some detail issues. Someone who wants an alt set of wheel maybe for winter or whatever, but doesn't wanna get a set of steelies.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I was just suggesting actually...

And as far as $300 just for rims, kinda high there bud. I sold my rims with not one mark, for $500 shipped with tires. I also got a set of 16" Mazda3 wheels from EBay shipped for $339 with tires on them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love how people on here never read the full post. They just scan for a $ and close the page. I said OBO. I'm actually talking with two different members on a possible deal concerning the wheels, I just was testing the market to see if anyone else was interested.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I love how people on here never read the full post. They just scan for a $ and close the page. I said OBO. I'm actually talking with two different members on a possible deal concerning the wheels, I just was testing the market to see if anyone else was interested.
[/b]
Damn - a month too late for me. I am local - I would have bought them for that price

:(

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated with new price!

$250 + Shipping!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BUMP!