Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was you and/or your wife who works in the Mazda 6 plant for N.A. models. Since there seems to be some discussion on various minor problems with the 6 (such as the CEL light); what is your take on how Mazda is handling these problems? Do they get back to the plant and quickly resolved? What is your overall opinion on the quality of the cars coming out of the plant? Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'For halfadozen:'

If you ask me the first year or 2 are like a test to the car makers. I think by mid or late summer they will have most of the big bugs worked out like the hose for the CEL. in about 2 years you will get the dumb ass recalls on the car like the wheel seals that ware in roadsalt recalls on the first year modles. I do not think they will send out a recall for the hose CEL but you will get a few about a year down the road. I have not had any isues with my womans 6s yet, but the 2001 ford focus I have has about 8 recalls on it allredy and I gust got a new one for the batt. cable that I have to take it in for. Hell the one recall I had on the focus was the left rear hub. The issue was it was just falling off some cars. That is one I think they might want to fix right away. I think the 6 is a very well built car and just may have a few small things pop up.:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: For halfadozen:

Laugh, just remember fight club... if the cost of a recall is greater than the cost of settling the problems out of court.... they won't do the recall ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts

Off-topic, but...

Dirt Racer,

Did you actually purchase your woman? Russian slave traders, maybe? :)

(Sorry, but reading "my woman" in almost every message you post just makes me cringe... It's so... 1950's.)

·
Registered
146 Posts

Yes, they have addressed the small problems in the plant, the little hose thing is already fixed on the line. Any dealer will fix your 6 already out in the field.

If you go to a dealer and ask, they will do it right away.

The launch of this car has gone *very* well considering it is a 100% clean sheet car. The Cougar launch was *much* more laden with problems cropping up. The stuff on the 6 so far is small potatoes really. That speaks to the quality of design, and build quality of the NA plant.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I'd guess that some of the initial production kinks were probably worked out in the Japanese plant -- they built 6's for months before Flat Rock got its line rolling, right?

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by DennyA

Off-topic, but...

Dirt Racer,

Did you actually purchase your woman? Russian slave traders, maybe? :)

(Sorry, but reading "my woman" in almost every message you post just makes me cringe... It's so... 1950's.)[/b]
any link for these Russian women :sarc

·
Registered
178 Posts

No I did not buy her. I am marring her on Sept. 27th of this year. Her name is Jamie. It is just a joke that stuck from a party that we were dressed as cave people and I called her my woman at the party and it just stuck. It does sound crude but it is all in good fun. And yes I co-singed for the car for her.:D

·
Registered
305 Posts

Dirt Racer,

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Glad to know it's a party joke and not a lifestyle. :)

And congratulations on the engagement!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts