Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would've tacked this on to the most recent thread, but I figured this will keep it more organized.

Is there anyone experiencing issues with stuttering that does not have the reflash? If so, do you know what version you have (or can narrow it down...you bought the car in February but haven't let your dealer touch it since etc...)? How long has it been doing it for?

Have you noticed any changes with your gas mileage?

Also, there seem to be two types/levels of stuttering that people experience. The first is more of an annoyance that happens at random (hiccup). The second (my issue) happens regularly and can vary from annoying to thinking the fuel pump is about to surrender. I'm more interested in the second type for this thread.

I have the latest reflash (49.? REV C, IIRC), and experienced it with the prior version too.

Post if you've had the reflash or not and are experiencing the second type of stutter.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the reflash (once in July and again in mid-August). Stock the car had catastrophic power failure once every 2 tanks of gas-500 mi, after a short period of running rough that mimic'd the start of stutter. After the first reflash it no longer had the power loss, but continued to stutter about every 500 mi. AFter the second reflash it's stuttered about 3 or 4 times, most often when cold, primarily around 3k rpm in 4-6th gear, one occaision was just after the reflash.

·
Registered
79 Posts
^ OT, but my nick-name is Dr. Bob - how dare you.

My deepest appologies for the hijack...

·
Registered
566 Posts
^ OT, but my nick-name is Dr. Bob - how dare you.

My deepest appologies for the hijack...
[/b]
I've been Dr. Bob since before the internet. My first email address (in 92 or 93) used Dr. Bob and I've kept it ever since-my Ebay name, all the forums, my email addy-I think I deserve to be the true Dr. Bob!!! Down with imposters!!

Seriously, are you a doc, and if so, what kind?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would've tacked this on to the most recent thread, but I figured this will keep it more organized.

Is there anyone experiencing issues with stuttering that does not have the reflash? If so, do you know what version you have (or can narrow it down...you bought the car in February but haven't let your dealer touch it since etc...)? How long has it been doing it for?

Have you noticed any changes with your gas mileage?
Also, there seem to be two types/levels of stuttering that people experience. The first is more of an annoyance that happens at random (hiccup). The second (my issue) happens regularly and can vary from annoying to thinking the fuel pump is about to surrender. I'm more interested in the second type for this thread.

I have the latest reflash (49.? REV C, IIRC), and experienced it with the prior version too.
Post if you've had the reflash or not and are experiencing the second type of stutter.
[/b]
If you mean a stuttering on aceleration which feels sorta like a repeating misfire, then I have it on a straight from the dealer car and have had it since new. No service has been done so it is unlikely to have been reflashed. Build was Jan-06. Had I not know about the software issues with this car I would have figured it to be a serious problem.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
with the reflash i experience the first type about once every 250 miles. almost always in 4 or 5 gears with the car around 3k rpm when the accelerator is applied.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you mean a stuttering on aceleration which feels sorta like a repeating misfire, then I have it on a straight from the dealer car and have had it since new. No service has been done so it is unlikely to have been reflashed. Build was Jan-06. Had I not know about the software issues with this car I would have figured it to be a serious problem.
[/b]
Bingo...that's what I needed to know. And the "repeating misfire" is probably one of the best ways to describe it.

To double check, you've had it since before July correct? Otherwise the dealer might have reflashed it at some point before you bought it.

You haven't happened to notice that it's worse on certain roads (uneven vs. even) by any chance? Everyone agrees that it's worse when the engine is cool but there's been no consensus yet on uneven roads being a factor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts