Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It also relates to flexibility of the soles I think... Generally it's hard to flex the soles of steel-shank / steel toed workboots (which obviously are at the extremes, here). High-top / stiff uppers are particularly the issue in terms of tilting and swivelling one's foot.

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is a bunch of drivel. I drive with Reeboks or Harley Boots, and can move my big toe to increase throttle.
I'm genuinely surprised he didn't claim an extra 2-3 hp boost from wearing sneakers!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It also relates to flexibility of the soles I think... Generally it's hard to flex the soles of steel-shank / steel toed workboots (which obviously are at the extremes, here). High-top / stiff uppers are particularly the issue in terms of tilting and swivelling one's foot.
I never said steel anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think what we try explain here is: the term Jinba-Ittai is explained as follows: “Jinba-Ittai reflects the feeling that the sense of oneness between a rider and his beloved horse is the ultimate bond.” It’s a bond that Mazda has worked tirelessly to recreate between car and driver ever since .
Somebody cant never get that feeling, because they have stick in the ass.

·
Administrator
8,503 Posts
Wonder what kind of driving experience we'll get if we were to drive naked... can't be more connected to the vehicle than that !

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Brings me back to my college days...

Umm... nevermind (cough)

Carry on. Nothing to see here.

·
Rally Racer
2,643 Posts
Wonder what kind of driving experience we'll get if we were to drive naked... can't be more connected to the vehicle than that !

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Chaffing.
It would help the inherent leather seat problem and car control, (I feel another post coming on). It's hard to control the car when you're sliding all over the seat. I miss my cloth for just that reason, that and I sat about 3 inches lower which my 6'6" frame really liked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Today I happened to drive my M6, wearing my athletic socks and sport shoes.

Man!!! A whole new world of throttle control and precision.

The trottle control is now more precise that even a small tap on the trottle pedal seems communicated to the ECU without any lag.

The vehicle control is enhanced to a new level especially while cornering.

Throttle response became crisper and now I feel I am connected to the engine on a deeper level.

Please try it and let me know your experience.
Yeahhh...you had me at "athletic socks"...then doubled down at "...sport shoes..."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Back in the day, c1950-60's, when Fuel Economy Runs were popular in Europe. It was quite normal for the drivers to drive in their socks.

It was well regarded that this gave the driver a more delicate touch with the throttle/accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Back in the day, c1950-60's, when Fuel Economy Runs were popular in Europe. It was quite normal for the drivers to drive in their socks.

It was well regarded that this gave the driver a more delicate touch with the throttle/accelerator pedal.
I didn't know... perhaps I'll give it a try one of these days.

·
Administrator
8,503 Posts
I believe that. I have much more throttle and braking control when I have sneakers on versus my steel-toed work boots...

Reactions: Tygriz

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I was first learning to fly I had a problem really feeling the input I was using on the rudder pedals. I got a pair of low cut boxing shoes that had a really thin sole and it made all the difference in the world. I now use them when driving my Pantera as they are narrower than most shoes and they give me more room between the Throttle and Brake for my big size 12 feet. They also provide great feel/feedback from the pedals in it as well.

·
Rally Racer
2,643 Posts
When I was first learning to fly I had a problem really feeling the input I was using on the rudder pedals. I got a pair of low cut boxing shoes that had a really thin sole and it made all the difference in the world. I now use them when driving my Pantera as they are narrower than most shoes and they give me more room between the Throttle and Brake for my big size 12 feet. They also provide great feel/feedback from the pedals in it as well.
Nice. I almost bought a Mangusta back in the day. I still remember the salesman telling me how quiet the car was as I drove faster. The motor being in the back and all means that you "outrun the sound"... :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today I happened to drive my M6, wearing my athletic socks and sport shoes.

Man!!! A whole new world of throttle control and precision.

The trottle control is now more precise that even a small tap on the trottle pedal seems communicated to the ECU without any lag.

The vehicle control is enhanced to a new level especially while cornering.

Throttle response became crisper and now I feel I am connected to the engine on a deeper level.

Please try it and let me know your experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Hawai'i, where we like no shoes and minimal footwear. My daily driver is a 6 S wagon and I always doff my right slipper/flip-flop/shoe to drive. Developed a bad habit of braking with my big toe. No other way for me...If I had my way, I'd be racing my Chevrolets barefoot, too!

·
Rally Racer
2,643 Posts
I live in Hawai'i, where we like no shoes and minimal footwear. My daily driver is a 6 S wagon and I always doff my right slipper/flip-flop/shoe to drive. Developed a bad habit of braking with my big toe. No other way for me...If I had my way, I'd be racing my Chevrolets barefoot, too!
🤙🌴 Island Style🌴🤙

21 - 40 of 49 Posts