Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I happened to drive my M6, wearing my athletic socks and sport shoes.

Man!!! A whole new world of throttle control and precision.

The trottle control is now more precise that even a small tap on the trottle pedal seems communicated to the ECU without any lag.

The vehicle control is enhanced to a new level especially while cornering.

Throttle response became crisper and now I feel I am connected to the engine on a deeper level.

Please try it and let me know your experience.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Today I happened to drive my M6, wearing my athletic socks and sport shoes.

Man!!! A whole new world of throttle control and precision.

The trottle control is now more precise that even a small tap on the trottle pedal seems communicated to the ECU without any lag.

The vehicle control is enhanced to a new level especially while cornering.

Throttle response became crisper and now I feel I am connected to the engine on a deeper level.

Please try it and let me know your experience.
I see you drive an automatic--is this a troll post? Pushing down on the accelerator is pushing down on the accelerator, regardless of footwear. I could see it if you were doing heel-toe clutch maneuvers, but a deeper connection the the engine by switching shoes in an automatic? Lol

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I didn't want to say- but I 'kinda agree...

I suppose the feel for tip-in, and the general comfort-feel of the shoes COULD be better, ida know...
There was a time that I wore a very thick pair of shoes. I felt different and I couldn't get the "feel" of the pedal. I got used to it eventually but I think a thinner shoes is way much better, even if you are driving an automatic.

I was about to say rubber shoes but I remember, it was a safety shoes that looks like a rubber shoes.

·
Rally Racer
2,661 Posts
Racing shoes are basically fireproof slippers. It makes sense you would feel more. It obviously won't change any objective metrics within the vehicle system but would undoubtedly enhance the experience.
The throttle control is the same regardless of transmission. How that throttle interfaces with the road however is definately affected by said transmission. 😁

·
Rally Racer
2,661 Posts
I personally have never had an issue with sensitivity and double-clutch or heel toe maneuvers, (well maybe heel-toe). Having driven older trucks (frequently without synchos) and work boots I found it was still easily possible (and necessary). The only real issue was with footwear clearance (not an issue in the trucks) but then I wear a size 15 (50).

The only place I really noticed it was when "at limit" braking on non-ABS vehicles. I did notice it could also likely be an issue with more powerful RWD cars when driving at limit. I was fortunate enough to have an F430 on track and that would slow significantly (fighting drift) if I was not very careful with throttle on exit and traction control off. Lap times would plummet.
🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see you drive an automatic--is this a troll post? Pushing down on the accelerator is pushing down on the accelerator, regardless of footwear. I could see it if you were doing heel-toe clutch maneuvers, but a deeper connection the the engine by switching shoes in an automatic? Lol
Common sense says that a loosely fit foowear can absorb a considerable amount of intented force you apply on the throttle pedal thereby creating a lag.

In case of a sport footwear, due to a tigher fit, the amount of force absorbed will be much lesser thereby transfering more inteneted force to the throttle.

Makes sense?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was a time that I wore a very thick pair of shoes. I felt different and I couldn't get the "feel" of the pedal. I got used to it eventually but I think a thinner shoes is way much better, even if you are driving an automatic.

I was about to say rubber shoes but I remember, it was a safety shoes that looks like a rubber shoes.
You are probably right. Mine has a thinner but firm sole. Gives more 'pedal feel'.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Common sense says that a loosely fit foowear can absorb a considerable amount of intented force you apply on the throttle pedal thereby creating a lag.

In case of a sport footwear, due to a tigher fit, the amount of force absorbed will be much lesser thereby transfering more inteneted force to the throttle.

Makes sense?
You're still either trolling or are experiencing a quarantine-enhanced placebo effect. Did you read how ridiculous your first post is? If switching shoes completely transforms your one-pedal pushing driving experience, then congrats. Although I think you're just posting something outrageous to get attention--so congrats on that as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're still either trolling or are experiencing a quarantine-enhanced placebo effect. Did you read how ridiculous your first post is? If switching shoes completely transforms your one-pedal pushing driving experience, then congrats. Although I think you're just posting something outrageous to get attention--so congrats on that as well.
It did. Hence I posted. If it didn't , I wouldn't post. If you don't feel the same way , just ignore. Simple

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Racing shoes are basically fireproof slippers. It makes sense you would feel more. It obviously won't change any objective metrics within the vehicle system but would undoubtedly enhance the experience.
The throttle control is the same regardless of transmission. How that throttle interfaces with the road however is definately affected by said transmission.

I never had the chance to try racing shoes. And I find it impractical for me to buy a pair when I don't race regularly, nevermind the fact that I don't have a dedicated race car.

And yes, throttle control is the same, regardless of the shoes I am using, as far as the car is concerned, not unless it has been modified.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, i think that Tygriz is right with this, you can try it for yourself by drive a barefoot, sneakers and safety-boots there is a lot of difference how to feel pedals. JINBA ITTAI.

·
Rally Racer
2,661 Posts
Well, i think that Tygriz is right with this, you can try it for yourself by drive a barefoot, sneakers and safety-boots there is a lot of difference how to feel pedals. JINBA ITTAI.
When the pedals are very light it true... you need to be able to feel.
When I'm on the sim I use socks only.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts