Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I've been on here. Sold the 04 6 back in May. Owned it since new, was a secondary fun car since 2010, kept awesome care of it and was reluctant to sell it, but I wanted to make room for a true fun car (2 seat convertible). So i sold to a couple buy a car for their kid.

Fast forward to this morning and I came across a pic with the VIN# I used for the ad and, out of curiosity, thought I'd Google the VIN. Below it what I found........... If he was wearing is seat belt he should prob be fine, but damn... only lasted 5 months. Sad to see after 13 years of ownership.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow. That is sad to see and a hard hit. Hope the kid is OK and nothing long lasting. Looked like a beautiful 6 that was pass along from what is left.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I've seen that more than I would care to; well cared for first owner car gets sold and promptly trashed. I know my 05 is in good hands now, purchased by a true enthusiast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
No cracks in the windshield indicate his head stayed where it needed to be and the bags did what they were designed to do.

That still stinks though. I came across my old 6 a couple years after selling it and the person didn't seem to even realize cars need some attention to stay nice :(

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Seeing neglect brings out more rage than a simple wreck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
I traded a 1988 Mustang 5.0 LX notchback that I spent 2 years putting back together for my 6 three years ago. I needed a 4dr car more than a toy so I took the plunge. Not even 2 months later I found out the idiot blew the motor in the first 2 weeks and then started parting it out. This was a solid car, I had $8K in it just in parts as I bought it as a bare shell. Broke my heart the idiot did that to it, but I still have my 6 at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
b1lk1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing