Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
So I'm getting pretty close to signing on the dotted line and saying goodbye to my MPS to get a 18 Atenza wagon however I'm yet to work one thing out and the dealers arent quite sure either.

As I'd like to camp in this car, I'd like to fold the seats down flush, which looks like it can be done if the base of the back seat is taken out, allowing the back to fold.

Has anybody done something similar? I'd love to hear your experiences.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Most of the wagon owners here have the earlier models. I'm curious on how you do camping on your car. I hope you can post pictures.

I can fold the seats at the rear so I have all the space from trunk with my sedan.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Jealous that the wagon is an option for you guys.... Appears so to me in this video:

The wagon is not available in the US? I can understand if diesel is not available but the wagon, why?

I didn't get the wagon as I need the diesel variant because diesel fuel is very cheap here and wagon runs on gasoline only.

Wait! So the guy is not from the US? I didn't check the flag as I'm using tapatalk.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The wagon is not available in the US? I can understand if diesel is not available but the wagon, why?

I didn't get the wagon as I need the diesel variant because diesel fuel is very cheap here and wagon runs on gasoline only.

Wait! So the guy is not from the US? I didn't check the flag as I'm using tapatalk.
Wagons, just don't sell here in the US - It's mostly SUVs/CUVs that we are buying here - don't get me started about manuals either. I was born in the wrong country when it comes to autos, although I love my V-8 Mustang GT as my (spring-fall) weekender.
BTW, diesel is ~40 cents per gallon more locally over 87 octane gas. Cost of diesel fuel + def, the extra cost of a diesel engine option when available i.e. CX-5 ~$5k and higher maintenance costs, it doesn't make much sense to most here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The marketing of Mazda in different countries is mind baffling.

I an Englishman, resident in South Africa was in New Zealand on vacation, when the Mazda6 Mk1 was announced.
I visited a dealer in Wellington and saw, sat in and admired a 2.3l Hatchback Automatic with high level trim.
I decided that this was the car for me and when I got back to SA I went to order one! Only to find that in their wisdom, Mazda South Africa were not importing any hatchback models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys!
So I'm getting pretty close to signing on the dotted line and saying goodbye to my MPS to get a 18 Atenza wagon however I'm yet to work one thing out and the dealers arent quite sure either.

As I'd like to camp in this car, I'd like to fold the seats down flush, which looks like it can be done if the base of the back seat is taken out, allowing the back to fold.

Has anybody done something similar? I'd love to hear your experiences.
I have a 2012 sw and go camping in it. If you fold the rear seats down and slide the front seats forward you can even get the boot closed (I'm 6ft tall).
I brought a piece of foam to fit in the back and cut around the wheel arches and it's quite comfortable .
Looking to get the new 2020 model myself and they have just released the turbo petrol model here in New Zealand, will be interested to see how you like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the same model I'm looking at, 2.5L turbo, Coming from an MPS It's the closest I think I can get.
The problem with the wagon from what I've played with so far, is that the rear seats wont fold flush. there is a bit of an incline. That is unless you can take the rear seat cushion out, which doesn't seem that easy of a job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts