Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some searching on the forum, I really couldnt find anything about the "foglight mod" on the 06 Speed6 (or I could very well be wrong).

Would the mod for the other models (which I've seen alot of) be the same as the Speed6?

I was going to get this done when I got my stereo equipment in, but my installer wasnt sure "exactly" how he should do it (doesnt want to screw it up seeing it only has 500 miles on it). Wanna get this thing in asap for this mod, but wanna take some helpful tips to him.

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
What fog light mod are you referring to? Do you mean so the fog lights come on with the parking lights and the headlights and not just the heads?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What fog light mod are you referring to? Do you mean so the fog lights come on with the parking lights and the headlights and not just the heads?
[/b]

Yes. And then still have the foglight switch still fully functional to use if I just want the parking lights (and lil running light, I guess thats it). Sorry for not putting it in more detail, I should have done that.

I get the idea for this mod with the other vehicles (older models and such), but just not sure if its the same process as those. Just wanted to make sure before I have my installer get under there and mess with wires.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I want to do the foglight mod too!!! :D

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
All you have to do is re-route the wiring. I had it done with another car at a car audio shop. The same shop told me it would cost $75 to do it to the 6, but I didn't have it done yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to do the foglight mod too!!! :D
[/b]

LOL. I have been wanting to do this the day that I got my car (2 weeks ago), but Mazda wanted to charge me crazy loot to do it! And then sign a waiver.

Just talked with my installer today and he said that he knows what he "could" do. I told him that if I could get some more intel so it would be faster for him to do, I would bring him some better way (from you guys that know your Mazdas) of doing it.

I have appt. for tmw morning to get it done. I hope I get some intel by then. If not, I'll be the pig to try it first. I told him while he did it, i wanted instructions on how to do it. If I dont get any intel by then and he does it, I'll just stay up there while its being done, and get some pics and directions on what needs to be done and throw them up here if thats ok with all of you. :D Will might also check doing a vid if he'll let me do it, which would prolly make it better as well. Either way, I'll keep all of you posted.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got car back a lil bit ago. Glad how it came out. Finally I'm happy. Sorry for startin this thread. Just wanted to make sure that things would work before something got screwed up. And it IS the same as Drews instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts