Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got my 6s a few days ago and I'm slowly figuring everything out. One thing I'm having difficulty with is the foglights. I don't know exactly what trim my 6 is but it does have the foglight switch on the turn signal stalk. however when the switch is in the on position no foglights light up. is this switch included with every trim or not?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
you probably have the integrated fog lights into the headlamps. Check that.

·
Registered
293 Posts
^^yea, my regular lights need to be on if i want to have my fogs on too. I have a '06 isport.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been wondering about this... i have the sport with intergrated fog lights... i dont even notice em. I want the halos underneath! Can i do that?

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my grand am I used to have (2002) I used to be able to turn the parking lights on with the fog lights and not have the headlights on. I haven't found a way to do this with the 6i. It looks like the head lights have to be on for the fogs to come on (Low beam) which kind of sucks because I finally get a car that I get to control when the headlights come on and I can't turn the fogs on with the parking lights. I just think that looks cooler.

Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok back on topic...my problem is that i don't know what trim my 6s is but i do know i have the foglight switch on the turnsignal stalk. however no foglights come on with the lowbeams when i turn the foglight switch to 'on'. Does every 6 come with the foglight switch? or are both of my foglights blown?

·
Registered
81 Posts
ok back on topic...my problem is that i don't know what trim my 6s is but i do know i have the foglight switch on the turnsignal stalk. however no foglights come on with the lowbeams when i turn the foglight switch to 'on'. Does every 6 come with the foglight switch? or are both of my foglights blown?
[/b]
Tanman. I have a 2006 Mazda 6i. Totally base model. I do NOT have a fog light switch. Just to warn you...Mazda has made an absolute mess of fog lights. From my research, it seems like the fog lights have changed frequently and depend upon the year and trim level. Also, it seems that they no longer use the integrated fog lights on the 2006 models. If a car comes it fogs, it is the lower fogs only. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tanman. I have a 2006 Mazda 6i. Totally base model. I do NOT have a fog light switch. Just to warn you...Mazda has made an absolute mess of fog lights. From my research, it seems like the fog lights have changed frequently and depend upon the year and trim level. Also, it seems that they no longer use the integrated fog lights on the 2006 models. If a car comes it fogs, it is the lower fogs only. Hope this helps.
[/b]
so from what you are saying i should have foglights that work

·
Registered
81 Posts
so from what you are saying i should have foglights that work
[/b]
Yes, but they should be the lower fogs. There should not be any bulbs in the integrated fogs.

·
Registered
867 Posts
there is a fog light mod you can do, im going to do it once i get my car back. that will turn the foglights on independently without having low beam headlights on

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
[/b]
If you have an '03-'05 with the Sport Package (and you probably do since you have the fog light switch on your turn signal stalk), then when the fogs are on, this is what it should look like:

If you have an '06 or '07, then it should be obvious. The fogs are relocated to the lower bumper:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The japanese/european version come with this stalk. With this stalk, first you have to turn on the parking light, then you can turn on the fog light in the headlamp (first position) and then the you can turn on the other fog lights (second position) in the lower bumper. Normally you can only use one fog light in your car (law). Choose one and disconnect the other. But here I dont have that problem. I can drive with all lights on.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The japanese/european version come with this stalk. With this stalk, first you have to turn on the parking light, then you can turn on the fog light in the headlamp (first position) and then the you can turn on the other fog lights (second position) in the lower bumper. Normally you can only use one fog light in your car (law). Choose one and disconnect the other. But here I dont have that problem. I can drive with all lights on.

[/b]

Hey Scrop where did you acquire your bottom aftermarket fogs ? I'm looking for a reliable pair . Any trouble issues with them and how long you've had them on ? Give me details man . :)

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Here when we buy the Sport Bumper (Aero), the bumper come with the holes for the fogs. The lower fogs are a normally accesory for european version.

·
Registered
363 Posts
where did you get that kit from then. from a european seller?
Also, any idea where to get the stalk with the two foglight switches on it? And I'm guessing for that you cannot have only the lower fogs on as it looks like you end up having integrated AND lower on with the way the switch works?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Scrop where did you acquire your bottom aftermarket fogs ? I'm looking for a reliable pair . Any trouble issues with them and how long you've had them on ? Give me details man . :)
[/b]
Does anyone actually get any value from their factory fog lights other than a slight glow? Do they actually halp you see at all? I can't even tell if they are on, unless I look really hard. The dealer says that they are only to help you be seen. not to help you see. Is is supposed to be that way?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
where did you get that kit from then. from a european seller?
Also, any idea where to get the stalk with the two foglight switches on it? And I'm guessing for that you cannot have only the lower fogs on as it looks like you end up having integrated AND lower on with the way the switch works?

Thanks!
[/b]
Here in Panama (Central America) we receive the Mazdas from Japan, very similar to european.
When you buy the foglights they come with the stalk with the two switches on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts